Main Menu

Post your Pedal Board

Started by omie, November 05, 2012, 01:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omie

My bass board...

Rocktron Envelope Filter-> XBlender(Rat Tail->Mayhem Fuzz)->Rusty Box Pre-amp->DOD Phasor. Tuner/mute stays off board.

I'm probably going to replace the DOD and Rocktron with a delay and a multi-modulation pedal..... eventually.  Mayhem is an Uglyface Fuzz, gated/oscillating/pitch shifting sonofabitch.   Rat Tail is a Rat Clone modded for use on bass.  Rusty box is set as an almost always on dirty pre/OD.

ANGER.

Let see some boards.

... real talk

showdown

TU-3 - Cool Cat drive - Gromguten - Pharaoh - Mudhoney - Phase 90 - Lovepedal Vibe - EA Tremolo - Nova Delay - DD-3

RacerX

TU2 > Danelectro Vibe > Creepy Fingers fixed wah >DS1 >  Duunlop Hendrix Crybaby > DAM Meathead > MXR Carbon Copy > V-Twin preamp > Morley Little Alligator Volume pedal > DD4 (also used as splitter).
Livin' The Life.

showdown

I'm thinking of digging out my V-Twin too, are you using it as a drive pedal or a preamp?

clockwork green

The blue channel on the v-twin is nice but the red channel is terrible and has nowhere near the gain you'd expect from Mesa (especially for something made to look like a Recto). It works best as a dedicated preamp but there are so many better options. The tubes also are barely getting any current...unless they have a big ass transformer like the Soldano GTO pedal, I'd avoid tube pedals in general. I spent years trying to make the v-twin work for me and I never got close.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

everdrone

my rig and pedalz; LONG LIVE THE NEW ORANGE AMPLIFIERS  ;) :D :

Instant Dan

RacerX

Quote from: showdown on November 05, 2012, 08:04:57 AM
I'm thinking of digging out my V-Twin too, are you using it as a drive pedal or a preamp?

Preamp into a Mesa 50/50 power amp. I do not use the blue or red channels at all, just the clean.

Quote from: Instant Dan on November 05, 2012, 10:22:22 AM
Quote from: RacerX on November 05, 2012, 07:21:56 AM

What's that Creepy Fingers wah modded to or based on?

I just asked for a "wah in a box" where I could set the Q notch and also had a boost. Brad used a yellow fasel, I believe, but I don't know what circuit it's based on. Works like a charm to get that Michael Schenker sound.
Livin' The Life.

grimniggzy

I use a couple different combos:

For Occult 45: Pitchblack>RAT>Turbo RAT
For Bloodfeast: Pitchblack>RAT>Stereo Chorus
For GLU: Pitchblack>QTron>RAT>Stereo Chorus>Script Phase 90

Instant Dan

Don't have a picture on me right now but for now it's pretty simple

Amp -----> Retro-Sonic Analog Delay -> BBE Soul Vibe -> OD/Boost of sorts (DOD250, OCD, LPB-1, SD-1, Mantra) -> TU2 -> Guitar  

bbottom

I'm probably going to get rid of the delay because I never use it. I'm going to pick up a three leaf audio proton Envelope filter at some point in the near future.  I dig the Bassballs, but it's more of a "solo" kind of filter and I want something that I have a bit more control over and is a bit more subtle.

omie

Dig that setup bb. Have you tried the internal trim pots on the BassBalls?  I've got a Bassball clone, but I fucked with the trims and set it for a real subtle bubble.. No interest in quack.   I've also been wanting to get a hold of one of those Oxfuzz bass.. I just don't need another fuzz and I'm hesitant to get rid of my Mayhem because it's cool as shit and not easily replaceable. One fuzz is my max.
... real talk

Andrew Blakk

No pic but here we go...

A Flying V into - Lovepedal vibe - Ernie Ball volume pedal(korg Pitch  - Zakk Wylde od - Blackout Musketfuzz II - Silver Machine Wah- Ibanez De-7 + an occasional phaser...

I never have time to fiddle around with it so the spots (the row, the line, where the pedals are placed lol)
has pretty much stayed the same for quite some time now...

MichaelZodiac

T-40 => tuner => Ampeg Scrambler clone => EHX Bassballs => BAT Oath (=> ABY pedal when using 2 amps)
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Baltar

I added the handles the other day. The blue pedal is a MKII clone that Hemi fixed for me.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Danny G

Bass Pedalboard

Boss TU-2, Fulltone Bass Drive, Phase 90, Snarling Dogs Whine-O Wah
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Baltar

Did you clip the R-28 and caps C-11 & 12 Danny?

bbottom

Quote from: omie on November 06, 2012, 11:09:29 AM
Dig that setup bb. Have you tried the internal trim pots on the BassBalls?  I've got a Bassball clone, but I fucked with the trims and set it for a real subtle bubble.. No interest in quack.   I've also been wanting to get a hold of one of those Oxfuzz bass.. I just don't need another fuzz and I'm hesitant to get rid of my Mayhem because it's cool as shit and not easily replaceable. One fuzz is my max.
Thanks man.

I dig the bassballs for the solo kind of stuff. I think when it comes to that kind of stuff it works really well.

However the 3leaf audio proton is pretty much a mutron clone and works really well for the more subtle kind of stuff.

I picked up the OX fuzz about two weeks ago and I'm really digging it. It's more of a cutting sort of fuzz as opposed to the Sublime which sounds a bit darker.... if that makes any sense. Each one is great and I'm sure that I'll keep both on my board. Because you can never have enough fuzz.

Danny G

I toggle switched the R28 mod on my guitar Phase 90 but left the bass one as is. Benefits from the extra gain and swish

What do those cap mods do? I like the more transparent sound sans R28 for higher phase rates on guitar, but for slow like the extra gain it provides.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Baltar

Here's what it says on Erik's Corner:

"The first, and most common mod, is to remove the feedback resistor, R28 (24K). This will make it sound somewhat like the classic script version and pretty much eliminate the distorted mid-boost. If this is not enough, then remove C11 and C12, this mod will remove the pre and de-emphasis (noise filtering)."

It did make it a little more usable with thee ol' volume knob roll-off or low gain situations.

zachoff

Yay...

[attachment deleted by admin]

zachoff

Stuff in the top left is for vocals... Tubeworks Tube Pre and Boss VE-20.  Other stuff is Pitchblack->ABY.  A goes to channel 1 and B goes through the Mole and V8-30 to channel 2.  V8-30 is Garmopat modded for more disto and lower frequencies.  I dig it but am always looking for alternatives that might be better.

Stonergrunge

Real McCoy Custom RMC6FL Wheels Of Fire Wah
MJM Roctavios
MJM London Fuzz
MJM Sixties Vibe
Electro-Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay

Sunmachine Reptile Fuzz (waiting its turn)
MJM London Fuzz II (waiting its turn)
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Chovie D

this is one of thee setups I fuck around with at home, theres switches for a space echo and various amp tremolos in there as well.

fuzzprobe, pog2, whammy, fox wah machine, boss 3 knob jap compressor, (router), rams head big muff, maestro phaser, rat, ts808, boss ps6, tuner,(router)  superfuzz, dl4 (router) fender stand alone reverb tank, space echo, 1968 fender showman into 4x12 main channel, Musicman 210RD 2x10 with 2x12 gets the delayed signal from the space echo

Jake

Jeezis, ya tap dancin blues lawyer!
poop.