Main Menu

My most recent gear ad...

Started by zachoff, September 21, 2012, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachoff

http://boulder.craigslist.org/msg/3270639910.html

Am I asking too much?  I've seen Line6 combos go for $350 & this totally slays a piece of shit Line6 combo.  I've gotten 1 call from a dude that flaked... 1 call. \rant.

bass sic

Shit, I would totally grab that. If I wasn't poor white trash.

Lumpy

The cabinet is composite material with no paint or tolex (or is just the back panel that's composite?)

If I was buying it, I would like it better if it was painted. If it doesn't sell, slap some flat black on it. I think that would help.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MichaelZodiac

Damn, I'd buy that in an instant if I wasn't located on the other side of the planet, shipping and import taxes would be insane.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

zachoff

Quote from: Lumpy on September 21, 2012, 02:30:47 AM
The cabinet is composite material with no paint or tolex (or is just the back panel that's composite?)

If I was buying it, I would like it better if it was painted. If it doesn't sell, slap some flat black on it. I think that would help.

It's just the front and back that are composite.  the rest is 3/4" ply.  Thanks for the input though... I'll do it if it doesn't sell in a week or so.

I,Galactus

That's a steal of a deal, and anybody that's not jumping on it is just too broke and/or stupid to do so.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Hemisaurus

I think the cab is overpriced for sure. Most people won't understand the fact it's loaded with some real nice drivers, they'll just see the price, the fact it has no tolex, has a crack on the front baffle and no grille cloth, the drivers are recones and could be crap, etc...

Why sell nice gear to unappreciative people, you can just keep it ;)

If you have to get it to sell, I think someone already said, slap a coat of black on the cab, I'd also suggest a couple of those round waffle grilles over the speakers, make it look more gigworthy, I've seen 'em for around $10 each with screws and clips, won't kill you. ;)

Also do your speaker math, if you think the head is 440W, and you have a 400W cab, you just blew your speakers ;D

grimniggzy

skydogdiesel

what would shipping of just the head cost to toronto, ontario, canada?
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

zachoff

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 21, 2012, 10:05:03 AM
I think the cab is overpriced for sure. Most people won't understand the fact it's loaded with some real nice drivers, they'll just see the price, the fact it has no tolex, has a crack on the front baffle and no grille cloth, the drivers are recones and could be crap, etc...

Why sell nice gear to unappreciative people, you can just keep it ;)

If you have to get it to sell, I think someone already said, slap a coat of black on the cab, I'd also suggest a couple of those round waffle grilles over the speakers, make it look more gigworthy, I've seen 'em for around $10 each with screws and clips, won't kill you. ;)

Also do your speaker math, if you think the head is 440W, and you have a 400W cab, you just blew your speakers ;D

I gotcha...  Speakers were reconed at National Speaker here in Denver, which is a reputable shop.  I actually like the look of the natural wood but could definitely see others being bummed by it.  I think the head is putting out 220W at 4 Ohms, but I haven't totally cranked it.  The rig gets loud w/o much trouble.  Dunno... Just seems that for $300 it's a pretty nice gig-worthy rig.  I'd totally keep it but I already have something big and don't need two big rigs & it mostly sits in my basement collecting dust at this point.

zachoff

Quote from: skydogdiesel on September 25, 2012, 07:55:03 PM
what would shipping of just the head cost to toronto, ontario, canada?

Assuming it's 30lbs and not considered an irregular package, it looks like about $50... Not sure it'd really be worth it to pay $200 for that head.  I wouldn't, anyway.

Hemisaurus

Wouldn't you get screwed by customs? I shipped a cab to Canada and the poor guy had to pay $60-70 customs fees.

skydogdiesel

QuoteWouldn't you get screwed by customs? I shipped a cab to Canada and the poor guy had to pay $60-70 customs fees.

i'm not sure how it works-but it doesnt seem worth the extra cost.  oh well..  i did see an acoustic head on craigs here selling for 250-i might jump on that instead.
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...