Howzy 'bout Les Paul Studios?

Started by Pissy, August 01, 2012, 08:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordofdoom

Quote from: bitter on September 07, 2012, 01:56:31 PM
Thank you. I felt kind of guilty posting it as it seemed gratuitous, but that's the only photo of the guitar I had in my photobucket account. There's a lot to like about the agiles. I wish I could say the same thing about my Hagstrom  :(

Not at all gratuitous. In fact it's one of the cleaner looking rigs I've seen on here.

Quote from: everdrone on September 08, 2012, 12:05:26 AM
I dont know many that prefer an agile or LP studio to an LP standard or LP custom!

keep that in mind when seeking the ultimate LP, you may just never be happy until you hit jackpot  ;)

I would kill for a Standard or a Custom, but they are retarded expensive, especially the Customs.

I've actually seen a couple of used Edwards LP Customs on eBay for under $600, might just go that route.

everdrone

yeppers :)

bottom line is all that really matters is what YOUR EARS THINK

its just that the gibson les paul custom silverburst looks really awesome and that gets in the way!!!  :D

mastodon dude with his LP silverburst:

Ayek

My guitarist has a silverburst like that. It's very nice and sounds great, but I still like to tease him about how much he paid for it.

Jake

I saw this on ebay today and immediately thought of this thread. It's a very love it or hate it finish, but I happen to love the TV finish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Ltd-Edition-TV-Model-RARE-Finish-VERY-cool-w-hc-/290770690155?pt=Guitar&hash=item43b348a06b
poop.

bass sic

A bit pricey but I love the finish.

everdrone

ya that zonker yellow is some true peakockin'

for the price of that LP silverburst I could get 2 cars like the one I own!

Pissy

That yellow seems very weird for a LP.    But I digs it.
Vinyls.   deal.

swordofdoom

Instant Dan

As mentioned, those late 80's/early 90's ones are considered pretty good. Personally, I would just shell out a benjamin or two for an Japanese lawsuit LP.