"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tombhex

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

A random. The wiring is impossible. Im hung up on it. He doesnt have fender pickups. He has noise cancelling dimarzios, and they are short a wire. Not to mention it being a total birds nest clusterfuck

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tombhex

i have had a similar headache/nightmare when trying to put a dimarzio hum in the neck of my mexican tele. :shudder: :'(

VOLVO)))

Im going from dead scratch. Nightmare.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 29, 2012, 04:34:15 PM
A random. The wiring is impossible. Im hung up on it. He doesnt have fender pickups. He has noise cancelling dimarzios, and they are short a wire. Not to mention it being a total birds nest clusterfuck
How can the pickups be short a wire? How many do you need? How many have you got?

VOLVO)))

The diagrams show three, and I have two...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

So two is hot and cold, just wire them up like any other two conductor pickup set?

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 29, 2012, 04:34:15 PM

So you are actually getting paid?  ;)

VOLVO)))

Yep!

It has a super switch and a fender s1? F1? Nothing standard about this diagram. Fender deluxe standard. Look it up...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

If they are buckers, you find the hookup wire and extend it, if they are single coil, you revise the wiring. DiMarzio have a ton of wiring diagrams.

I'm guessing a 3 wire pickup is a humbucker, with a common coiltap, ie they extend the connection between the two coils, rather than running each coil separately, so do the same on the DiMarzios.

VOLVO)))

These are all singles...

This is unlike any wiring i have ever seen lol

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 29, 2012, 06:16:38 PM
These are all singles...

This is unlike any wiring i have ever seen lol
Well if you are sure they are all singles, that makes the rotary switch kind of redundant, you are sure they are singles and not two wire humbuckers?

VOLVO)))

YES. look at the american deluxe standard wiring. That's what Im using/have the parts for. It sucks.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

The body is beautiful...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

So, ohm out the switch and get creative, series/parallel wirings, treble bleeds or drops, lots of possibilities. Varitone being the obvious and easiest.

http://1728.org

VOLVO)))

He wants THAT diagram exactly lol

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 29, 2012, 07:13:39 PM
He wants THAT diagram exactly lol

Fuckin difficult customers...    ::)

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Well he can't have it, can he, without the proper pickups. You can't make a single coil buck, or coil tap it. If you are absolutely sure the pickups supplied are single coils.

The Shocker

What dimarzios are they exactly?

edit: looking at their website, the 2 wire dimarzios are regular and the 4 wire dimarzios are hum cancelling.

http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/strat/standard-strat?view=grid

Hemisaurus

My bad, looks like the green wire is just an extra ground, so you should be able to follow the diagram using the DiMarzios, there's no coil tapping. There is mention of a special capacitor but only one is on the parts list, tres wierd.

http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48382

Look at what the switching diagram says too, that should put it in perspective.

Oh yeah, use highlighter pens to colour up the schematic, make the wires easier to follow ;)

The Shocker

So Jake, did you wrestle them into submission?