Main Menu

MEAT

Started by mutantcolors, April 13, 2012, 12:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Quote from: GodShifter on June 17, 2012, 01:35:34 PM
Food has the ability to photograph great (shit, look at Red Lobster's commercials). That stuff looks great on film. Yet, you know it's substandard bullshit you get on your plate if you were (silly enough) to eat there. (see first comment)

Most food advertisements contain no food at all (and not in the "fast food isn't food at all *scoff*" sense either).  Shit looks picture perfect because it's molded plastic/wax/resin/etc.  Comely demographic-appropriate model/actresses have to spit that shit out PDQ because it's inedible and or toxic.

OT:  The other reason I don't take pictures of food:  I'm a lousy photographer.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

deleted account

Presentation is great n' all, but with that said, it can look great and be underwhelming taste wise. So, how food looks isn't even 30% of the game, if you ask me. Is it important in a restaurant setting? Yes. At home = zero.

Still, mutant, no offense, but that meat doesn't look great. But maybe it tastes awesome, though.

Food has the ability to photograph great (shit, look at Red Lobster's commercials). That stuff looks great on film. Yet, you know it's substandard bullshit you get on your plate if you were (silly enough) to eat there. (see first comment)

if I took a picture of refried fart soup, it would resemble a bunch of sludgy fecal matter in a wok.  however, not one person who has ever tried it didn't love it

Zero

Smoked a turkey breast this weekend. Apple wood was used and it turned out pretty damn good. Might have had it on about 20 minutes too long though.

RAGER

That looks delish but it doesn't look smoked.  It looks slow grilled
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

No one wants to look at any stupid Vegan bowl of repulsive grey slop.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Zero

Quote from: RAGER on June 18, 2012, 10:50:20 PM
That looks delish but it doesn't look smoked.  It looks slow grilled

it was smoked.

RAGER

yeah I got that.  It looks slow grilled ;)
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

it's not grey, it's brown.  and I want to look at it

Zero

Quote from: RAGER on June 19, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
yeah I got that.  It looks slow grilled ;)

sorry, misread that this morning. Needed more coffee at that point.

mutantcolors

Still, mutant, no offense, but that meat doesn't look great. But maybe it tastes awesome, though.

It was half cooked in the last photo. Then my ability to log in was fucked.

Desertblues

Lamb shoulder marinated with Chipotle and Ancho chili's, onion, garlic, cider vinegar, allspice, oregano, nutmeg.  Onto the kettle for slow cooking over 6 hrs.

'bout half way through

RAGER

I will admit that I'm not a grill master.  I am far better with a gas grill.  I will over come this.  I think I use too little briquettes.  Anyways I grilled a tri tip and slightly over cooked it.  Not by much but still feeling guilty about it today.

Seasoned with nothing but salt and pepper and dressed with a chimichurri.  Parmesan roasted Yukon golds and a salad.  Still pretty killer.

No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

rager how do find time to always cook such elaboarte meals...dfoesnt that cut nto your getttin high time? ...on weed?

RAGER

It's just second nature to prep things throughout the day or the day before or whenever I have time.
No Focus Pocus

Ryno

Quote from: RAGER on May 22, 2013, 01:43:17 PM
I will admit that I'm not a grill master.  I am far better with a gas grill.  I will over come this.  I think I use too little briquettes.  Anyways I grilled a tri tip and slightly over cooked it.  Not by much but still feeling guilty about it today.

Seasoned with nothing but salt and pepper and dressed with a chimichurri.  Parmesan roasted Yukon golds and a salad.  Still pretty killer.

That actually looks perfect to me.  I do tri tip all the time and I shoot for a good medium, just beyond medium rare. I think tri tip is better when its NOT rare or medium rare.  Too chewy. 
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

Zero

Nice to see you using tri-tip (but not surprising)! Such a great cut of meat and one of my favorite things to grill.

I'm actually doing a bunch of pork tenderloins with chimichurri this weekend for a dinner party...already hungry for it.

RAGER

All in all it was pretty tasty.  I mean it is a big fukn hunk o' meat so it's already got that goin for it.  And yes tri tip is about half the cost of flank or skirt.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Pile o' German sausages with red taters braised is chicken stock and a sauce gribiche.  We only ate a small portion so plenty for dinner again tonight but with a horseradish sauce instead and mustard.

No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

RAGER, dude, i'll totally leave my old lady for you... just say the word.
why does it hurt when i pee?

mortlock

im getting ready to show off some steaks real soon. the 2014 summer grill season is going to be epic..

RAGER

Gonna get me a new grill for the summer.  Fuck yeah!
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

My grill is under three feet of snow, I use it all year round but not this year. 

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

The chimi burger.  Dominican style.

Half pound patty cooked med rare.  Sauteed cabbage and onions, tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper, onions and garlic mixed in with sweet pickle relish,  and a ketchup/worcestershire spiked mayo.  Dinner last night.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

what does the "chimi" part refer to?  around here that could only mean short for chimichanga

RAGER

Chimichurri. Cuz it has cilantro. I adapted the recipe from something I found online. The recipe had a bunch of stuff mixed in the meat which I'm not a fan of so some of those things I put in the relish and under the patty.
No Focus Pocus