Low Watt Amp Companies, you may or may not have heard of.

Started by Hemisaurus, April 09, 2012, 07:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

List those currently in production, and available, here's three I know, add your own. Under 50W only (under 100W for bass).

Lancaster Amps
Bumbox Amps
Emery Sound

Mr. Foxen

everdrone

I have my $100 epi valve junior combo that I have been wanting to replace cause it never sounds good for rhythym guitars for low volume recordings, but I have yet to hear any recordings at low volumes that do.  was thinking about the blackheart killer ant head and 10" cab...

everdrone

I wanted to throw out that:

for cabs for low watt home volumes amps,

best cab would be an iso cab like rivera silent sister

for recordings and stuff your still gonna need to crank it and those little beasts can get loud!  ;) ;D

also the marshall one watt head/combos came/coming out - $750!!!  too much for me, bumbox is really expensive too, but thats what it costs to make I guess, like the blackheart killer ant $180 price of crate in retrospect

dunwichamps

$750....you can build a 1W for less....

I have done it before and i love the little flea amp.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: dunwichamps on April 10, 2012, 08:24:06 AM

Yeah, but does that 1w say "Marshall?"

You needa build a mini Wizard!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 10, 2012, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: dunwichamps on April 10, 2012, 08:24:06 AM

Yeah, but does that 1w say "Marshall?"

You needa build a mini Wizard!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

A mini wizard is possible, a non FX based one would be 4 tubes in the pre and 1 ECC99 power tube

eugenicscum

When you said low watt, I was thinking portable toaster sized amps that work best for bedroom/rehearsals/recordings. You know, like Tiny Terror and the wave that followed it. I'd be interested in a modded marshall type sound from a toaster amp. Blackstar HT5-R isn't as portable, but sounds great. Not an unknown brand though.

dunwichamps

when i think flea amps yea they should be portable. The Mini GT120 I had cooking up was in a caged metal enclosure so it was fairly small but not super small, i think 17x10x10 dimensions. Thats probably not as small as a marshall flea amp but I was also planning on it being handwired

mutantcolors

I have one of these the previous owner dropped a Merc Mag transformer into.

http://www.frenzeltubeamps.com/