Main Menu

logo artists here??

Started by mortlock, March 25, 2012, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

unrelated spamola to some degree
but i just got this done by an artisti (ralph davies)

mutantcolors

Bad ass. More Like DunWizard

dunwichamps

Quote from: mutantcolors on April 04, 2012, 03:58:43 PM
Bad ass. More Like DunWizard

yea and someone on another thread accidentally spelled it DunWitch. which i thought was a good misspell of my name

Lumpy

Quote from: James1214 on April 04, 2012, 06:45:05 AM
Also any constructive criticism on the designs or execution thereof, that I've come up with thus far?

IMO, the band name needs to stand out more. Maybe make it black (but then you might loose some of the contour details that make it look squiggly. Reverse it?) That's just my bias though -- I like stuff you can read pretty much right away, and usually dislike stuff that's hard to read. That's not necessarily what the kids like.

It should ideally work well in black and white -- shouldn't have to have color in order to work. If necessary, make a B/W version too (for a xerox flyer, for example).

Another idea... IMO, if the band logo text (text element only) can be lifted and then still work in another format, that's good. (I think you have that potential here). If you "had" to include the factory just to have the logo make sense, that could be a problem (for album covers etc). The factory element could clash, not easily fit into a small allotted space on a poster, etc. Just something to think about. The factory works as a tshirt, sticker, an album cover by itself, etc. As a logo on top of a photograph (album cover for example) it could clash/ be too busy.

Just my opinions though, it's all subjective.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

Quote from: dunwichamps on April 04, 2012, 03:54:50 PM

Sweet illustration. Would make a nice tshirt or stickers -- I would put something about "amplifiers" on there too (obviously, no need if the logo is placed on an actual amplifier). Put the word 'amplifiers' underneath, or put the wizard on the front and a slogan on the back. Give folks a tshirt if they buy an amp.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Lumpy on April 04, 2012, 05:49:52 PM

Sweet illustration. Would make a nice tshirt or stickers -- I would put something about "amplifiers" on there too (obviously, no need if the logo is placed on an actual amplifier). Put the word 'amplifiers' underneath, or put the wizard on the front and a slogan on the back. Give folks a tshirt if they buy an amp.

this is in the works actually, and amps def needed

back of shirt could have the other idea I was going with to a modded version of this

grimniggzy

Quote from: dunwichamps on April 04, 2012, 09:29:02 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on April 04, 2012, 05:49:52 PM

this is in the works actually, and amps def needed

back of shirt could have the other idea I was going with to a modded version of this

that's shits sick. would purchase, even if I can't afford a dunwich.

bitter

definitely would dig the back less cluttered. maybe like "DOOM OUT" over/under a power amp tube.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

James1214

update, i have a blog now

http://eaglefight-graphics.blogspot.com/

check it, also anyone here want a link I'm happy to put them in my sidebar
words

Lumpy

Quote from: James1214 on April 06, 2012, 07:25:44 PM
update, i have a blog now

http://eaglefight-graphics.blogspot.com/

check it, also anyone here want a link I'm happy to put them in my sidebar

Great idea James.