Main Menu

I want to to talk fuzz

Started by OUTLANDAH, March 11, 2012, 10:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUTLANDAH

In the market to buy a new one. Price doesn't matter as long as it's not too absurd. Initially I'm looking for a tonebener of sorts, mk1 or 2 or a fuzz rite knock off.

Suggestions?

dunwichamps

i think others will also beat this to death but

pharaoh
pharaoh
pharaoh

if ur contemplating anything muff

grimniggzy

This pedal doesn't sound like what you're after but I think more people should try the Bazz Fuss out. It is a ridiculously simple and inexpensive pedal but gets the job done great IMO.
http://www.rhythmanddetonation.com/?page_id=12

P.S. It works well for guitar too.

mortlock

one mans absurd is another mans affordable..

grimniggzy

I'm usually not tryna spend more than $150 on ANY pedal, though I did go up to $200 on one in my arsenal. Most times though, $50-$60 is my limit.

OUTLANDAH

I'm set on muff sound for now. Price range is give or take $200. Seriously, besides the Sola sound mk1 and 2 who else makes them with quality?

dunwichamps

Quote from: OUTLANDAH on March 11, 2012, 11:30:42 PM
I'm set on muff sound for now. Price range is give or take $200. Seriously, besides the Sola sound mk1 and 2 who else makes them with quality?

So you looking into a FF type circuit and the Tonebender shit which is close. I dont think Mark has one on the market yet. I think Creepy Fingers makes something in that range

clockwork green

If you want non-Muff, vintage fuzz tones the Skinpimp Buzzaround is pretty awesome.  There's a lot of Supa Fuzz and that like clones out there some for big bucks with period correct parts but some reasonable alternatives out there as well.  Brad from Creepy Fingers is also always coming up with cool stuff and I've heard even does custom jobs if you have one in mind. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

moose23

Jerms and a few others off the DAM board make amazing Tonebenders.

The Shocker

Chovie D

grimniggzy

def would at that price though.

The Shocker

Quote from: grimniggzy on March 12, 2012, 01:16:26 PM
def would at that price though.

Dang, I bought one from them less than 6 months ago in the color I wanted.  Maybe email them to see when they'd be back in stock (or not)?

OUTLANDAH

How much is the pharaoh fuzz?

Baltar

Well worth the price.^^^ Swiss Army Muff, plus it works as a booster, etc. An instant classic.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

OUTLANDAH

Hrmmmmm, the pharaoh fuzz is more suited for my sound. I do still want to get my hands on a tonebender eventually.

dunwichamps

Quote from: OUTLANDAH on March 15, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
Hrmmmmm, the pharaoh fuzz is more suited for my sound. I do still want to get my hands on a tonebender eventually.

check around on forums and the bay, pick up a used one

Lumpy

I see used Pharaohs for 125 shipped. I also see a Sound Shank (buzzaround clone) for 125 shipped. Check out I Love Fuzz dot com, there's a good classifieds there, or harmony-central dot com, ditto.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Baltar

Heck, if you buy a Pharoh, you'll practically get a Muff and a Tonbender/Fuzz Face in the same pedal!!!
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

grimniggzy

Quote from: deaner33 on March 12, 2012, 11:32:55 AM
Foxx Tone Machine reissue:

http://www.foxxpedals.com/tone_machine.htm

I gotta Tone Machine clone for $60 off ilovefuzz.com
Should arrive today, I'm excited.

56Merc

This is one of the best sounding fuzz pedals I have heard.  It has some bells and whistles that I wouldnt use much, but the Fuzz is worth the price of admission.