Main Menu

People these days.

Started by VOLVO))), March 01, 2012, 07:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I WANT TO GO TO MARYLAND DEATHFEST. Buy my amp! It's an '86 JCM800, 2203. 100 watts of mmmmmmmmm good power, sounds great. Brand spankin' new JJ KT77's and 12ax7's. Loud and clear, lots of goodness. It has no issues, but there is one tiny tolex tear on the front, but it can be glued back into place if need be. I love this amp, love love love this amp. I'm actually kind of freaking myself out about selling it, but I have to see MDF this year. I've got many things, and I've come to terms with knowing that I'll find something else that I love just as much, one day. 1100 dollars, I can flex a little bit, if you really want it, but I can't do much. HELP ME HELP YOU SOUND AWESOME... (and get me to maryland for MDF.) I don't really want to ship it, but I'll drive to meet you within a hundred or so miles, if you wanna float a little gas-cash. Excuse the piss-poor picture, but it's all I've got until I hop over and take some decent ones. Hit me with a call or text at 8504451609, or shoot me an email. Thanks a lot!

Ey, Uri! I know you're going to read this, shoot me a text, it's been a long while!"

Response to that ad:

"you must be desperate to sell it.
buyers beware of posters that post their item 1000 times a day like there item is so precious which is really someone trying to pass junk off thats half shot
dont do bussiness with posters like. and by the way anyone can mark that sticker 2203 with a permanent marker you can buy the marshall blank stickers and you can mark it yourself
so nice try and also thats not a 2203 its obvious "

My response to that ad:

"Actively trying to sell ~something~ to acquire ~something~ in a short amount of time does not make me desperate. It makes me an active seller. Every time I post this, I get offers of 500 dollars, and 600, even 950. If I were desperate, I'd bite on those. Have you SEEN the lineup for MDF? This IS urgent.

"Posting 1000 times a day" - You mean posting "posting the amount of times that craigslist allows me to repost in a given amount of time?" I changed areas, because my original area is a dead zone for selling equipment. At least in this capacity.

"Fake JCM800 2203" - Really? What makes it fake? Distinguishing factors? I'd like to see what you, an expert, sees in these pictures that makes this "not a 2203." 2203 is the designator for the 100watt version of the single channel JCM800, and before that, the JMP version of it. The 2203 is the evolution of the Plexi. 2204 is the 50 watt version. Gee... five knobs... master volume, low/high inputs, four power tubes... everything about this amp screams JCM800/2203. I obviously didn't take the 2210, the two channel JCM800, or a DSL100 and modify it with a sticker change to make it a 2203. (I used a 3d printer, by the way, it replicates the sound of a 2203, perfectly!) I guess you must think it's a heavily modified Laney AOR? Cmon, dude, get real."

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Why are there so many jerks on CL?  I posted a want ad for records one time and this dude responded saying he had a ton of records.  I kept asking him what era, what genre and some names to get an idea of what he had.  His reply was for me to come to his house and check them out.  When I passed on that, he kept replying to my add calling me an asshole.

Have you thought about putting the amp on Ebay with local pickup only?  Probably reach more people hopefully including someone that might take a road trip to pick it up.

VOLVO)))

Fuck ebay, after them holding my money for 21 days for no reason last time, Ill never do it again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Yeah, you definitely get raped on fees and money availability.  It's a necessary evil for me though.

Demon Lung

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 01, 2012, 07:48:57 AM
"I WANT TO GO TO MARYLAND DEATHFEST. Buy my amp! It's an '86 JCM800, 2203. 100 watts of mmmmmmmmm good power, sounds great. Brand spankin' new JJ KT77's and 12ax7's. Loud and clear, lots of goodness. It has no issues, but there is one tiny tolex tear on the front, but it can be glued back into place if need be. I love this amp, love love love this amp. I'm actually kind of freaking myself out about selling it, but I have to see MDF this year. I've got many things, and I've come to terms with knowing that I'll find something else that I love just as much, one day. 1100 dollars, I can flex a little bit, if you really want it, but I can't do much. HELP ME HELP YOU SOUND AWESOME... (and get me to maryland for MDF.) I don't really want to ship it, but I'll drive to meet you within a hundred or so miles, if you wanna float a little gas-cash. Excuse the piss-poor picture, but it's all I've got until I hop over and take some decent ones. Hit me with a call or text at 8504451609, or shoot me an email. Thanks a lot!

Ey, Uri! I know you're going to read this, shoot me a text, it's been a long while!"

Response to that ad:

"you must be desperate to sell it.
buyers beware of posters that post their item 1000 times a day like there item is so precious which is really someone trying to pass junk off thats half shot
dont do bussiness with posters like. and by the way anyone can mark that sticker 2203 with a permanent marker you can buy the marshall blank stickers and you can mark it yourself
so nice try and also thats not a 2203 its obvious "

My response to that ad:

"Actively trying to sell ~something~ to acquire ~something~ in a short amount of time does not make me desperate. It makes me an active seller. Every time I post this, I get offers of 500 dollars, and 600, even 950. If I were desperate, I'd bite on those. Have you SEEN the lineup for MDF? This IS urgent.

"Posting 1000 times a day" - You mean posting "posting the amount of times that craigslist allows me to repost in a given amount of time?" I changed areas, because my original area is a dead zone for selling equipment. At least in this capacity.

"Fake JCM800 2203" - Really? What makes it fake? Distinguishing factors? I'd like to see what you, an expert, sees in these pictures that makes this "not a 2203." 2203 is the designator for the 100watt version of the single channel JCM800, and before that, the JMP version of it. The 2203 is the evolution of the Plexi. 2204 is the 50 watt version. Gee... five knobs... master volume, low/high inputs, four power tubes... everything about this amp screams JCM800/2203. I obviously didn't take the 2210, the two channel JCM800, or a DSL100 and modify it with a sticker change to make it a 2203. (I used a 3d printer, by the way, it replicates the sound of a 2203, perfectly!) I guess you must think it's a heavily modified Laney AOR? Cmon, dude, get real."

how much?

The Shocker

Hmm, take the amp with you and sell it up there?

VOLVO)))

1100. I need the money to get up there.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

A dude on Craigslist is trying to sell an amp, using a pic of my amp from my photobucket, that isn't even the same thing. http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/2855668583.html

VOLVO)))

Hahaha, Ive had people do that with guitars I sold before.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 01, 2012, 09:48:12 AM

you are in Texas right?

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Demon Lung on March 01, 2012, 10:56:14 AM

you are in Texas right?

/flerda

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 01, 2012, 11:10:29 AM
Quote from: Demon Lung on March 01, 2012, 10:56:14 AM

you are in Texas right?

/flerda
yeah that is too far for me

Jake

If you had put a fake 2204 sticker on there, I'd actually consider buying it.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Too many wattages, RealJake?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Yessir, Ja)))ke. I'm all about 50 watters these days. More tube grind (at pretty close dB levels). My cabinets seem to stay happer that way too.

PS - way to publicly hand that 'tard his ass.

poop.

dunwichamps

VOLVO)))

I just crank my shit, fuck everyone else. My bass rig can keep up with it, and so can my drums. Loud 4 lyfe.

I make sport of trashing the ignorant, on craigslist.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Seriously, though, I've made some great friends off craigslist. People just text me, ask me questions aboot whatever, if I'm in town, I go jam... happens a lot. Also made a buncha business workin' on people's shit when they come to buy things from me, etc etc.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ombrenuit

The self proclaimed guardians of the Internet. Those who reply to ads just to bother the poster because of some great injustice. If the dude thinks it's a fake, why waste both your time with responding? I don't get it.

VOLVO)))

I've done it before, but I showed up with valid information and a base for argument. This guy has no base, nor any information to support his claims.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

What is annoying me today is lowballers who can't deal with being turned down. Sure, lowball if someone looks desperate, I do it a lot for broken amps that not so many people can fix, but don't try an tell me how much I should be selling my items for. I'm not upset by owning my 5150 and I stick it on ebay at the price I'll sell it for, not only that, but its the only one up there for sale so I'm not even competing.

SpaceTrucker

want some mushies when you get here to baltimore? ;)

VOLVO)))

You goin' to MDF? We're lookin' for a place to crash.  Any half-decent places to lay a head for the evening? You can be my Baltimore guide!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

SpaceTrucker

nah im too broke to attend, but if you need supplies and want me to show you around one day, I'll see if I can swing it, I do know a little history. Might Be able to swing a Ghetto tour but Idk I'm on a suspended sentence.

As for the crashing, well, I can't help U there, but you could try a cheap motel on route 40 I wouldnt though

bitter

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on March 01, 2012, 06:22:18 PM
Might Be able to swing a Ghetto tour but Idk I'm on a suspended sentence.

Not trying to be rude but that made me giggle.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan