Main Menu

Band mother...

Started by VOLVO))), January 24, 2012, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Your situation sounds like a complete nightmare but it would be possible for me to find myself in a similar spot. Right now I'm playing guitar and singing. I have a house with a basement, drum kit, bass, and bass amp. I like rehearsing in my basement, it's free, well okay it's not free but it sure makes renting a space unnecessary which is awesome. I don't mind if people use my drum kit BUT they have to buy sticks and replace cymbals and drum heads or anything else as it breaks. I would let someone use my bass and bass amp but only temporarily. If they didn't buy their own rig pretty quick that would be it for them. Who plays bass and doesn't have their own gear? Drums is a bit different. Some people have a kit but nowhere to set it up or used to play drums and sold them but want to play again, etc. I'd make these guys buy strings, replace drum stuff as needed, maintain everything they use, and carry as much gear as possible at the very least. There are MIDDLE SCHOOL kids who can carry their own gear. 2 small dudes together should easily be able to lift any guitar or bass cab, what else is that heavy? Do you have an all tube 300 watt SVT? If they can't commit to the little bit of work and cost involved in maintaining and caring for your gear they are failing at life. About the transportation thing, I don't think I'd be in a band with anyone who didn't own a car unless they lived really close to me. I'm not driving across town to pick someone up for every practice.