Why do Les Paul jrs cost so much?

Started by bbottom, January 15, 2012, 02:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the diddler

I'd love to get another Jr. but I'm partial to the doublecut version- seems a little harder to find. 

Jake

I prefer the doublecut as well. Singlecuts always looked a bit peculiar to me without a toggle switch to full up that space.
poop.

Chovie D

Lumpy

Leslie West prefers the single cut, the extra wood provides stability to the neck or something like that.

I'm trying to decide between the Billie Joe Armstrong and Joan Jett signature models (just kidding, I bet they are both awesome guitars).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

the diddler

Jake- you still got that Nashville Jr?  SELL IT TO ME!!

Jake

Quote from: the diddler on February 16, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Hellsyeah I still have that Junior. Everyone thay plays it says it's one of the best Juniors they've ever played. The only way I'd sell it is if I fell into a raging crack habit or something.
poop.

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

justinhedrick

Quote from: Jake on February 16, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: the diddler on February 16, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Hellsyeah I still have that Junior. Everyone thay plays it says it's one of the best Juniors they've ever played. The only way I'd sell it is if I fell into a raging crack habit or something.

tell me more about this. is it nashville branded?

Jake

The Nashville Junior was Gibson's Guitar of the Week #41. Unique in that it's got an ebony board and stock Grovers (and there's only 400 made). I swear mine is only about 5.5 lbs. Resonates for days. If it had a vagina, I would have gotten it pregnant a bunch if times by now.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/Nashville-LesPaulJr-Week41/

(Gib's specs erroneously list a 3-way switch)
poop.

sheikyerbouti

are the new gibson juniors worth the price?there don´t seem to be any alternatives here in germany afaik ???.

clockwork green

Fuck Gibson (although I own 4)...there has to be some good German makers.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

MichaelZodiac

Both GFS & Rondo ship overseas if you wanna more guitar for less money.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

the diddler

JAKE,  YOU WILL SELL ME YOUR LP JR.
              thisishypmotisms

IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO
               don'tdenyfate

YOU ARE MOVING TO A NEW PLACE
           not all societes accept LPjrs-don't standout, it's DANGEROUS!

BALLS

Pissy

For Jr's, I've found that the '96 models or so seem to be the cheapest true to form, non-faded thing. They got a good finish with a bound neck.

Now, i do wonder why that is, considering that the newer tru to form models are so gawdawful pricey. Are those mid '90s models crap?
Vinyls.   deal.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

absolute hunk of shit, by the way^^^^^^^^^^
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

I really like the idea of an affordable Gibson. But I have deep reservations that it will hold a candle to other $400 guitars.

poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Jake on March 01, 2012, 12:51:25 PM
I really like the idea of an affordable Gibson. But I have deep reservations that it will hold a candle to other $400 guitars.

Touch one. They don't file the fret ends or anything on those. It's like playing a Hondo, but worse quality. FUCK TORRIDIZED MAPLE.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Betcha my upgraded Indonesian Epi Jr with the P-94 would kick its ass.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: RacerX on March 01, 2012, 01:09:41 PM
Betcha my upgraded Indonesian Epi Jr with the P-94 would kick its ass.

I bet you a bolt-on Plywood Univox that was dropped out of the back of a Scirocco would kick its ass.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 01, 2012, 12:53:46 PM
Quote from: Jake on March 01, 2012, 12:51:25 PM

Touch one. They don't file the fret ends or anything on those. It's like playing a Hondo, but worse quality. FUCK TORRIDIZED MAPLE.

Troof.  Had one and it was literally painful to play- usually it's my playing that causes the pain.  Felt like a toy, too- I hate light guitars

liquidsmoke

Yowza! Sorry! I wouldn't buy one of those things by the way. 1 pup and 1 knob for $400? No thanks. My Epi Junior has 1 pup and 2 knobs and was 4 times cheaper brand new although I think the frets are totally fucked and in need of grinding.

Metal and Beer

A 400 dollar Gibson in 2012 is gonna be fucking garbage. I'd be delighted if time proved me wrong...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"