Main Menu

New "practicle" rig

Started by bbottom, January 08, 2012, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Since my new car is about half the size of my old one.... and the fact that I grew tired of lugging a 2x12 and a 2x15 cab to shows. I decided to take this inevitable short band break to put together something a  bit more practical.

At first I was going to get an all Orange rig...but they cost to much. So instead I decided to sell an extra 1x15 that I had around and my 2x12 cab and picked up this

I've had the v4 for a few years. I love the sound that the thing puts out and I've dumped a good bit of money into it getting it to where I want it... it would be kind of dumb to sell the thing.
The 1x15 and 2x10 however are "new".
I got pretty sick deals on both cabs and they are a shit ton easier to move than my previous set up.
I've owned Ampeg 4x10 cabs in the past and have usually been kind of meh about them. so when I tried out this 2x10 cab I was blown away by how good the thing sounds... even on it's own. The ports in the back makes the thing put out some surprising lows.

I'm supposed to jam with a drummer this coming week and just may have to take my new rig out for a test rock.

grimniggzy

Hemisaurus

Dang it, I was just done scaling down to 2x15's >:(

bbottom

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 08, 2012, 08:00:54 PM
Dang it, I was just done scaling down to 2x15's >:(

I loved my 2x15 but their is no way in hell that I could get it into my car. The 2x12 that I'm getting rid of barely fit.

I'm pretty pumped that I won't be killing myself lugging this shit around. The V4 is by far the heaviest thing

Hemisaurus

A 2x15 will fit on the backseat of a 10 year old Corolla, even with casters on it ;D

zachoff

Heh, practice.  That's rad, man.

justinhedrick

neighbor664

Nice! Can't go wrong with a V4. Maybe next you could put together a PRACTICAL rig.

Hemisaurus

If you so smart, you go build a partical accelerator then ;)

bbottom

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 08, 2012, 08:28:53 PM
A 2x15 will fit on the backseat of a 10 year old Corolla, even with casters on it ;D

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta and I can't get shit into that thing. I miss the GTI and the Toyota Matrix

Quote from: zachoff on January 08, 2012, 09:20:13 PM
Heh, practice.  That's rad, man.

Thanks mang

Quote from: justinhedrick on January 08, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
is this for guitar or bass?

Bass

Quote from: neighbor664 on January 08, 2012, 10:01:55 PM
Nice! Can't go wrong with a V4. Maybe next you could put together a PRACTICAL rig.

Yea I noticed that after I posted it.

neighbor664

In your defense we could just say you crammed practice and practical into a new word.

bbottom

Quote from: neighbor664 on January 09, 2012, 12:30:48 AM
In your defense we could just say you crammed practice and practical into a new word.

Sounds excitingriffic to me.....

fallen

I read that as Particle rig but it actually made sense to me.

Break it out into separate "particles" to make it easier to carry.

A full stack of 8 1x12s would look awesome.