Opened for Kyuss last night! (Video Clip)

Started by core9, December 09, 2011, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

core9

I posted this in GD too, but you guys are a whole different set....
We are from CT, and I was so surprised at how many people came out to this gig!  I was convinced that this state had no clue about the stoner/doom scene, but I guess I was wrong.  The place was mobbed, and it wasn't cheap to get in either....$25!  It was without a doubt the best show I've been a part of in a LOOOOOOONG time.  Great vibe, sold some discs, got a lot of positive feedback.  All the bands kicked ass....tight, tight, tight!!! 8)      Good time!   Video to come.

http://facebook.com/cursetheson

justinhedrick

Quote from: core9 on December 09, 2011, 12:16:19 PM
We are from CT, and I was so surprised at how many people came out to this gig!  I was convinced that this state had no clue about the stoner/doom scene, but I guess I was wrong.  The place was mobbed, and it wasn't cheap to get in either....$25!  It was without a doubt the best show I've been a part of in a LOOOOOOONG time.  Great vibe, sold some discs, got a lot of positive feedback.  All the bands kicked ass....tight, tight, tight!!! 8)      Good time!   Video to come.

that's awesome man! glad you got to play with an awesome band! did you meet any of the dudes?

core9

Kyuss stayed on the bus most of the night, and when we were backstage they were gettin ready for their gig. I didn't want to bother them. Said hey to the Sword guys and Black Cobra was right up front when we played our set.  It was cool.

justinhedrick

Quote from: core9 on December 09, 2011, 12:29:13 PM
Kyuss stayed on the bus most of the night, and when we were backstage they were gettin ready for their gig. I didn't want to bother them. Said hey to the Sword guys and Black Cobra was right up front when we played our set.  It was cool.

nice man! it's good to see a forum member having great success in the rock department. we open for our drummer's cat and dogs every week. they always steal the show!  ;D

The Shocker

Kyuss stayed on the bus most of the night, and when we were backstage they were gettin ready for their gig. I didn't want to bother them.

Fucking rock stars.

justinhedrick

Quote from: deaner33 on December 09, 2011, 01:10:55 PM
Kyuss stayed on the bus most of the night, and when we were backstage they were gettin ready for their gig. I didn't want to bother them.

Fucking rock stars.

agreed.

dunwichamps

Quote from: core9 on December 09, 2011, 12:16:19 PM
We are from CT, and I was so surprised at how many people came out to this gig!  I was convinced that this state had no clue about the stoner/doom scene, but I guess I was wrong.  The place was mobbed, and it wasn't cheap to get in either....$25!  It was without a doubt the best show I've been a part of in a LOOOOOOONG time.  Great vibe, sold some discs, got a lot of positive feedback.  All the bands kicked ass....tight, tight, tight!!! 8)      Good time!   Video to come.

Real proud and shit, Weed Wizard on stage with some great names. Moar!

clockwork green

Black Cobra are definitely some good guys. I can't blame faux-Kyuss for not leaving the bus. They've been on your for awhile, they're older and the Sword and Black Cobra have opened up for them on the whole tour.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

Sweet.  3 good bands opening for one suck ass has been sideshow.
No Focus Pocus

core9

Quote from: clockwork green on December 09, 2011, 05:51:54 PM
Black Cobra are definitely some good guys. I can't blame faux-Kyuss for not leaving the bus. They've been on your for awhile, they're older and the Sword and Black Cobra have opened up for them on the whole tour.

Honestly I don't blame them at all.  The backstage at Toads is fuckin disgusting.  It's dirty and reeks of piss and puke.
I think.....no, I KNOW if I had a bus, I sure as fuck would have been on it too!

jibberish

core9

apekillman

Once we opened up for a decently known band in Portland me.  The band wasn't friendly really at all and didn't talk to us much.  We blew it off as they were just dicks in general.  Then about a year later we had a 14 ish hour drive to Boston to get out of the van, set up and play.   It sucked.  The last thing I wanted to do was talk with other band guys.  Or anyone for that matter.

Metal and Beer

Fucked up "backstage" area that reeks of puke, piss and three dudes asking why Josh isn't there and "What's Metallica like?!?!" vs. a bus with videogames, internet, cold drinks, bunks, couches...what a bunch of dicks   ;D
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

core9

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 12, 2011, 09:50:00 PM
Fucked up "backstage" area that reeks of puke, piss and three dudes asking why Josh isn't there and "What's Metallica like?!?!" vs. a bus with videogames, internet, cold drinks, bunks, couches...what a bunch of dicks   ;D

^Exactly!

VOLVO)))

I'm bumpifying this shit, this band has been kickin' me in the nuts all night!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

core9

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 27, 2012, 01:16:02 AM
I'm bumpifying this shit, this band has been kickin' me in the nuts all night!

Thanks bro!! ;)