Main Menu

delay/echo pedals

Started by mortlock, November 30, 2011, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

this maybe here in another thread but ..whatev.

any recomendations..i currently have a boss digital delay dd6. i love it but i want another one with different charastristics..

clockwork green

For analog, I really like the Malekko 616. The modulations can be turned off, subtle, wavy or just plain crazy. You can also switch between true bypass and buffered bypass which is nice. For a nice budget digital delay, it's hard to beat the TC Electronic Flashback...tons of sounds as well as buffered/true bypass options, quarter notes or dotted 8th notes for fun.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Ayek

If you're after a delay-type pedal with 'different' characteristics, you can't go past this:

fallen

I'm kind of a delay horder and the Earthquaker Devices stuff is awesome and not overpriced.

The Disaster Transport is probably my favorite delay and it's pretty cheap.

I also have a Dispatch Master and it's nice if you need extra reverb but I find the delay in it is pretty cold.

I have a couple of analog echos, some digital delays, tried the Empress super delay... the Disaster Transport sounds the best.

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazari is actually surprisingly good as well but has way too many settings.

Instant Dan

My personal favorite is the Deluxe Memory Man just as you can some of the craziest oscillation sounds. I actually have mine up for sale here in the sale thread. ;)

justinhedrick

on the cheap i'd go with the ibanez de7. sounds great and i've seen them on craigslist for like $40.

Chovie D

I got :
space echo
line6dl4
boss dm2
aquapuss
byoc
Ibanez soundtank
carbon copy
tel ray oil can "ad n eko"

justinhedrick

i have
dano slapback echo (the food named one)
dano pb&j delay
akai headrush
ibanez de7

Chovie D

^dano chili dog, got that too.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on December 01, 2011, 10:40:31 AM

hmm. i thought the chili dog was the octave?

anway, i've thought about circuit bending that one (i know, circuit bending, SOOOOOO 2003).

martha_KH

Quote from: justinhedrick on December 01, 2011, 09:51:41 AM
on the cheap i'd go with the ibanez de7. sounds great and i've seen them on craigslist for like $40.

Came to say this.  My fav cheap pedal ever.  Echo mode is  :o

Baltar

Memory Boy DLX.  $200 Exp pedal can control 4 parameters. Bass cut, tap tempo, sequencing.  AND ANALOG!!!

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Instant Dan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

Quote from: justinhedrick on December 01, 2011, 11:30:37 AM

anway, i've thought about circuit bending that one (i know, circuit bending, SOOOOOO 2003).

corned beef then? I suppose I could google it..haha

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on December 01, 2011, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: justinhedrick on December 01, 2011, 11:30:37 AM

corned beef then? I suppose I could google it..haha

me too, but then that wouldn't keep the dialog open, would it?

Chovie D

i broke down and googled it. its the BLT  :(

moose23

For bass I love my DD3 but I just built an Echo Base for guitar and noise, sounds amazing and very similar to a DMM despite it using a digital chip, lush delay with/without modulation right up to self oscillating crazy noise. The three people who've tried it are in love with it.

Lumpy

Ibanez DE7 doesn't have trails, so when you switch it off, you delay gets chopped off. It's fine for 'always on' or rock band situations (solo ends, your back to the verse right away). Maybe not great for atmospheric stuff where you want it on & off.

Line 6 DL-4 is loaded with options, check that one out. It's big though.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

dl4 is damn good. it has 3 presetable options, reverse delay, loooong delays, taptempo, does a pretty nice sounding space echo imitation, and i love the looper function.

its downsides are they are known to crap out, its large footprint and its dedicated powersupply, and they arent cheap.

I like mine alot for home, it doesnt go on the pedalboard tho, too big mostly. good pedal.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on December 01, 2011, 03:32:18 PM
dl4 is damn good. it has 3 presetable options, reverse delay, loooong delays, taptempo, does a pretty nice sounding space echo imitation, and i love the looper function.

its downsides are they are known to crap out, its large footprint and its dedicated powersupply, and they arent cheap.

I like mine alot for home, it doesnt go on the pedalboard tho, too big mostly. good pedal.

i always wanted to get a dl4, but all the ones i've seen in use sound plastic to me. but, it could also be the generic indie bands tone, too.

hayseed

A friend of mine swears by the Boss GiGi Delay. He is a bit of a delay freak and has had a lot of them. I personally just traded my newer Rat2 for a Memory Boy(the smaller one) and i am not a fan yet. Honestly i cant get any delay sounds out of it...mostly chorus and pitch shifting so far. I may be doing something wrong. That said I have only used it once!
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

barney steele

Quote from: Instant Dan on December 01, 2011, 11:48:47 AM
Anyone used a Boss RE-20?

I've been using one for the last 3 months and I love it. I've been through a ton of delays over the last couple of years but this one has a lot of great usable features. Just make sure you use an isolated power source. It can get noisy if you don't. With my voodoo labs PP+2 it's very quiet.

Pundan

One of the few pedals that never seem to leave Mike Scheidt's pedalboard is the DOD DFX9. Might be worth looking into?
I've used the MXR Carbon Copy, 600ms of delay and an internal trim pot to mess around with, they're usually somewhat cheap.

Worthless Willie

What's the internal trim pot for?
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith