Gibby Rd Standards (guitar)

Started by Cursed71, November 03, 2011, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursed71

So I've been through a lot with my sg, which I'm very used to and love, but recently after a show the headstock (old repair) snapped again.  I had it repaired but was told there were no guarantees if I were to take it out on the road.  An aquantance in town has an RD he said he'd sell to me. I haven't played it yet but damn if it ain't pretty.  This is an old standard without the moog guts.
  Any of yous dudes have experience with these?

The Shocker

No, but I love the shape of those.  Haven't they recently reissued those?

Cursed71

They did indeed.  The silverburst ones looked nice from a few years back.  They also did a run more recently, but who knows... they are modern gibsons.  The one the dude is selling is an earlier one in dark walnut with superdistortion pups added. 

Metal and Beer

I'm skeptical to the point of outright suspicion of the reissues (I know there are gems among the R/I crop, has to be..) but I'd sure love one of the old ones, especially in dark walnut !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

Local dude has one of the old ones in Korina, no Moog stuff. Sounds badass through his JCM800.
Livin' The Life.

blackkrosses

I love em but could never afford one. That's why I'm building one.
The old ones are longer scale. The reissues are Paul/SG scale.

bitter

Those are pure boner sauce. I'd like a silverburst someday.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Cursed71

Really?  The reissues are lp scale?

The Shocker

That's a plus for me.  Were the reissures a real limited run? Cause I did some looking online and didn't find much about them.

blackkrosses

I believe they reissued in '08 (?????????) and again this year. The run might be over this year.

Cursed71

I'm checking out this beauty tonight and will report back.

The Shocker

Please do.  Pics if you get it or not.