What to get for next level.

Started by Dr. Skeeter, October 20, 2011, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Skeeter

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-9638

This is what I have now. I was in the GC in 100 oaks yesterday, but the Sam Ash sucks donkey cocks.
Could I run a power amp off that? And i've seen a few peavy cabs for sale on Craigslist. It seems like there are plenty lying around.

Hemisaurus

Yes you can run a power amp from that. You could even sit it on top of a powered subwoofer if you had one.

Dr. Skeeter

Does anyone have a power amp they'd like to recommend. It looks like i'll be going for a nice Peavy cab because a lot are cheap used.

Hemisaurus

one that is powerful enough for your cab, at whatever ohmage your cab is. i've good experiences with behringer, crown, peavey and qsc which are common enough brands.

Dr. Skeeter

What happens if it's too powerful/not powerful enough?

Hemisaurus

If it's too powerful, you run the risk of blowing the cab (less likely if you can hear speaker distortion and set the gain appropriately), if it's not powerful enough your wasting the capability of the cab.

Dr. Skeeter

These is all seeming pretty simple now.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on October 22, 2011, 01:55:22 PM
Damn Sunn, those beta clips were righteous especially the song your recorded. Is that a 4ohm cab your plugging into? We have got to jam sometime

Yeah, it's a 4 ohm Peavey 8x10, Benberry Lazer. We will, I'll bring over some amps, and we can buttpussy out once your buttpussy gets there.

Y'all Tennesian bastards wanna be my Nashville connection to nab gear? I'll be grateful?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Blueberry Lazer

and on that day buttpussy-nintendo will be spawned

Dr. Skeeter

Baltar

It's a good price, but I think you'll be pretty happy with Peavey stuff.  It's nice to see an Ampeg badge, but Peavey is just is good.  Specially for bass.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Dr. Skeeter

Yeah, i'm waiting to find a cheap peavey cab on craigslist and get that with christmas money or some shit, but if I could pick that up it'd be tight.

Lumpy

What happened with that other cab? You buying bass stuff and guitar stuff too?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Dr. Skeeter