Show off your practice spot

Started by Hemisaurus, September 15, 2011, 06:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

Look's like Marc Maron's Cat Ranch.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Discö Rice

The wall. (photobomb by Lumpy)

Laurie's rig (and summa Lumpy's on the far left).
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

bitter

OT practice space blog:

After 3 years, my buddy finally picked up his pair of Sunn model 10 PA cabs (along with his Yamaha PA). They took up so much space that I'm stoke to have back. Once the garage is all re-organized, I'm going to have a much easier time navigating my equipment. Acquired some new shelves and will sell some lesser amps/cabs and shit's gonna be real nice for a change. Now all I need is a rat fink guitar stool  8)

Space pics to follow in the coming weeks.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

James1214

hey disco, i saw laurie post that on the facebook the other day....

so you and lumps are in leadbreath too? small fuckin world... laurie and i rehearsed across the hall from one another for years, she introduced me to the death by excess crew, she essentially spawned that iteration of DxE, the latter Damnweevil incarnation (danno joined damnweevil), Lost Machine and Heavy Action. sorry for the drunk/high/drunk rambling.... basically i'm sayin' laurie is good people, therefore by definition y'all is (most likely) good people
words

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 05, 2012, 02:07:46 AM

Nice, but needs some folded horns, couple of Cerwin Vega's maybe? ;)

Discö Rice

Quote from: James1214 on September 06, 2012, 02:53:44 AM
hey disco, i saw laurie post that on the facebook the other day....

so you and lumps are in leadbreath too? small fuckin world... laurie and i rehearsed across the hall from one another for years, she introduced me to the death by excess crew, she essentially spawned that iteration of DxE, the latter Damnweevil incarnation (danno joined damnweevil), Lost Machine and Heavy Action. sorry for the drunk/high/drunk rambling.... basically i'm sayin' laurie is good people, therefore by definition y'all is (most likely) good people

Yeah, man! Small world, indeed. Laurie and I are Leadbreath. Lump-doggg has his own project and we share that space. I met Laurie, Dr. Zayus (Jason), and Franksnbeans (Ben) through my lady, Charlotte (Babynoodles). All good people.

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2012, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: Discö Rice on September 05, 2012, 02:07:46 AM

Nice, but needs some folded horns, couple of Cerwin Vega's maybe? ;)
HAHA yeah if I had it my way there would be a sub in the mix, but it's not my rig, and you can only give so much advice before people stop listening to you and buy two non-ported home made 2x15 cabs. It's loud, but definitely more "Kilmister" than "Cisneros".

Hemisaurus

Are those Black Widow 15"s in them? It looks like a square box, plug it into WinISD quickly, figure out the port hole length and get busy with a holesaw. Seriously, a couple of properly calculated ports in the middle of each might do wonders.

Here's a crappy example, figure that those cabs there are about 16" x 44" x 16" gives you a volume of 185 litres, and we assume that is the interior volume. Figure those are older Black Widows and take the T/S specs for them.

The purple line is the response of 2 Black Widows in a closed 185 liter cabinet, the green line is with it ported and tuned to 60Hz in 185 liter box.

3 3/4" is a common enough vent tube size, with three vents you get a nice 1" port length, or I suppose you could cut a 1" deep slot type port with the same volume as 3 x 3 3/4" circular ports.

Obviously do way more calculation than this, if you decide to do it, I'm guessing at everything here, from the speakers used to the size of the cabs, to the construction of the boxes. The main idea is the difference in frequency response from the closed versus the vented box ;D

Discö Rice

Wow thanks, Hemi. They are in fact Peavey Black Widow 15's. That's great info. I'll tell her about it tonight when I see her. Downloading that program now.

Hemisaurus

Make sure and find out which kind of Black Widows they are, different variants have different specs. Don't just rely on what's in the programs database.

RacerX

The new band's space is upstairs in the warehouse of the bassist's business. Every day is Halloween up there.
Livin' The Life.

justinhedrick

Quote from: RacerX on September 10, 2012, 11:45:33 AM

The new band's space is upstairs in the warehouse of the bassist's business. Every day is Halloween up there.

that's awesome. no noise complaints there, huh?!

RacerX

Nope.  8)

It's all commercial warehouses in the area.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

Nice. You even gots a doorguy it appears.
poop.

bitter

RacerX

It is pretty cool, but for the record, if/when SANDIA MAN becomes an option again, I'll gladly practice in a port-potty.

Jon might have to pare the kit down a bit, tho...
Livin' The Life.

moose23

Quote from: RacerX on September 10, 2012, 12:45:30 PM
Nope.  8)

It's all commercial warehouses in the area.

What's the deal with all the hanging guitars?

RacerX

Part of the bassist's collection. It's mostly basses, but there are a few guitars, as well.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

They make the New Guy stand way over on the side :(
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

ryansummit

one of the bands that practice at my space took off
they had so much shit
so much room now

to give you an idea there is another rug next to that one
and about 6 more feet after that
its not the hugest place, but when its just me down there it feels big
shows here rule
its big enough that your not cramped,but small that it feels like a house show
my home away from home(up to 3 nights a week now,1 solo,2 w/drummer)

Discö Rice

Quote from: Lumpy on September 10, 2012, 06:30:15 PM
They make the New Guy stand way over on the side :(
I'm betting it was his choice to move that far to the right. *winky face

RacerX

Nah, I had a bad case of the farts, so the other dudes all kinda ended up scrunched up on the one side after awhile.  ;)
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Quote from: ryansummit on September 20, 2012, 09:47:55 AM
one of the bands that practice at my space took off
they had so much shit
so much room now

to give you an idea there is another rug next to that one
and about 6 more feet after that
its not the hugest place, but when its just me down there it feels big
shows here rule
its big enough that your not cramped,but small that it feels like a house show
my home away from home(up to 3 nights a week now,1 solo,2 w/drummer)

That's a pretty big space. Location?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

ryansummit

upstate ny, in the bosom of the catskill mtns
and the asscrack of the hudson river
its actually the old boiler room for a factory(modern warehousish,not old spooky)
its got a roll down gate on the back wall thats great at showsfor loading and smoking
id say its 24'x60'
theres some shows there this weekend,
but what the fuck happened to rock and roll?(answer:modest mouse)

bitter

Quote from: ryansummit on September 20, 2012, 09:12:37 PM
its actually the old boiler room for a factory(modern warehousish,not old spooky)

:D