Main Menu

mean 90 bridge pickups....

Started by kirky, August 26, 2011, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

i have a epi les paul with a iommi pickup in it....but it really doesn't do it for me....how are the mean 90 bridge pickups? seems most on here are using them for the neck position.....

VOLVO)))

I run my neck hot, regardless. Love those pickups.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

I've got one in a neck. I don't use the neck p/u too often, but when I do, I'm glad it's there.
poop.

clockwork green

I used to run a P90 in the neck and humbucker in the bridge but I missed the pick attack of a humbucker and the aggressive mids made clean stuff harder. I still love a good P90 in the bridge and I've found that lower output, vintage voiced P90's actually sound meaner than higher output P90's...Leslie West didn't use a hot rodded pickup.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

MikeyT

Clockwork,

Which vintage voiced brands/models (specifically) have you run across so far ?

Thanks.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

clockwork green

I've had a Rio Grande that was a little hot, a custom wound Wolfetone and my absolute favorite the Lollar.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Instant Dan

Quote from: clockwork green on August 26, 2011, 10:02:41 PM
I used to run a P90 in the neck and humbucker in the bridge but I missed the pick attack of a humbucker and the aggressive mids made clean stuff harder. I still love a good P90 in the bridge and I've found that lower output, vintage voiced P90's actually sound meaner than higher output P90's...Leslie West didn't use a hot rodded pickup.

This. Those Gibson P94's take fuzz and distortion like a champ. Planning to change out the 57+ in my SG and put in another P94.