Do you love the Echoplex but hate the tape?

Started by clockwork green, August 25, 2011, 01:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

Well, here you go and from the inventor of the Echoplex no less:
http://www.orbitelectronix.com/
...and all for just $199
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

neighbor664

liquidsmoke

Sounds really good! The price seems pretty reasonable too.

Pundan

That sounds really good! Anyone beside me hate the fact that in all videos of delay pedals they always show you the great slapback echo you can get and not the swirly kind of stuff you'd like?

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

welshchris

I want one!! Recently sold my DL4 and lovely Earthquaker Disaster Transport. I'm always a sucker for a good delay
No I Can't Turn Down..

peyotepeddler

whats this at the bottom? Designed and produced by former Krank Amplification founder TonyKrank (registered trademark).

I,Galactus

Make one that does sound on sound and I'm sold.

Quote from: peyotepeddler on August 25, 2011, 08:13:46 AM
whats this at the bottom? Designed and produced by former Krank Amplification founder TonyKrank (registered trademark).

What the hell's a "former founder?"  He used to be the person that invented something, but now he's not?   ???
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

actually I LIKE the tape, especially when it deteriorates a bit...

but that does sound good.
Im always skeptical of tube pedals..mostly they just seem to waft some minimal voltage over a tube to get it to light up....instead of applying plate voltages or whatever.

xayk

I dig that.  I'll add it to the list of delays I'm lusting after (in no order: Snazzy Wow & Flutter, Malekko LoFi 616, Wampler Faux Tape, and Strymon El Capistan.)

Instant Dan

Tempting, would need to hear more if it is worth selling my old Deluxe Memory Man.

Hemisaurus

If you love the sound of the Echoplex AND the tape, get a Fulltone ;D

clockwork green

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 25, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Or a real Echoplex and probably a space echo all for less than the fulltone.

NoSleepTilSleep

Strymon El-Cap Delay... Can't recommend it enough if you're chasin' tape but lacking a grand to drop on a vintage unit.

With pretty stellar sound-on-sound mode

clockwork green

For what it's worth I have an Echoplex and rarely use it. The TC Electronic Flashback is just so impressive with all of its sounds.

Jake

I've got a TC Flashback and am embarrassed to say that I have never done anything with it besides use it to sample/loop.

Do you think it can do all the stuff that Psychoplex can do? Because you've got me all hot and bothered for one of those now.
poop.

clockwork green

The Flashback is just so versatile plus there are a number of really unique delays with modulated repeats and such. It also has some really great straight forward delays lime the 2290. I will admit that I spend a lot of time fucking around with the dotted 8th note delays for my Edge joins an ambit, shoegazer band stuff. Some people just want a real simple delay and some people want insane tweakablility, the flashback is a nice blend.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Chovie D on August 25, 2011, 01:36:09 PM
actually I LIKE the tape, especially when it deteriorates a bit...
I love the tape but can't afford one, and wouldn't know how to properly maintain it if I did.

Quote from: clockwork green on August 25, 2011, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 25, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Or a real Echoplex and probably a space echo all for less than the fulltone.
And not have to put up with Mr. Fuller's porsche-funding pile of crap.

That strymon's on my shortlist.  The Carbon Copy I've got is great for what it is, but I want more features and doodads.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"