Main Menu

Bad News

Started by johnny problem, August 05, 2011, 01:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Sweet, Gibson has used all of the wood up on their substandard shit. Congrats.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

More metal and plexiglass guitars.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RacerX

Carbon Fiber. There's a reason it's known as "the new wood."
Livin' The Life.

Jor el

That's What She Said
What Would Scooby Do ?

Hemisaurus

Won't worry Danelectro ;D

I look forward to recycled wood guitars, and the end to tonewood wankery.

Put Iommi on a block of MDF and a Masonite shell, give him some decent buckers (instead of those lipstick single coils) and that classic Laney stack, guess what he's gonna sound just like he always does, maybe with a bit more sustain.

What happened to sustainable swamp ash anyway, did they forget to replant it? Can we make bamboo guitars?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 05, 2011, 04:13:02 PM
Can we make bamboo guitars?

Yamaha can...

Why is all the news on that site so huge?  I thought rock guys are supposed to be deaf not blind...  8)
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

LogicalFrank

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 05, 2011, 04:13:02 PM
Can we make bamboo guitars?

First Act actually made one for a while. It was called the bambusa, I think, and looked pretty cool. I'd own one now but they were sold out by the time I found out about it.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Jor el

^^^ That makes me want to cut some cheese.
What Would Scooby Do ?

blackkrosses

EddieMullet

Yes more metal and plexiglass please. I want my next bass to have a Lucite body and aluminum neck, make the fretboard out of ebanol (the same stuff they make bowling balls out of) and no wood needed.

The Bandit

Quote from: EddieMullet on August 05, 2011, 06:58:50 PM
Yes more metal and plexiglass please. I want my next bass to have a Lucite body and aluminum neck, make the fretboard out of ebanol (the same stuff they make bowling balls out of) and no wood needed.

That thing would weigh 30lbs!

bbottom

Sounds like bullshit and that he's just setting up a justification of Gibsons becoming even more over-priced within the coming decade

bass sic

Hemisaurus

Quote from: The Bandit on August 05, 2011, 07:21:28 PM
Quote from: EddieMullet on August 05, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

That thing would weigh 30lbs!
Would it? I don't know the tensile strength of reactive resin, but if you could make say a chambered body to cut down on weight, if it was to be an issue. Imagine an injection molded instrument, they could form it around some reinforcing carbon fiber rods in the neck if necessary, it could be a one piece, so no neck joint worries, you could mould the fingerboard on at the same time as the rest of it.  Get your whole instrument out the mould, buff it, fit the hardware and go? Do we need fretwires, or could the frets be moulded too, like the aluminum fingerboards have aluminum 'frets' as part of the board. Space age instruments, and space heads playing them ;D

Metal and Beer

I got to "Gibson Boss Says...." and the rest of the words became this weird swirling mess of illegible ink and the voice of Charlie Brown's Teacher ™ started going "Wahn, wat wat whan whaaaa wannnnn".

Loose translation: "Gibson Boss Liable To Say Anything to Maximize Profits in the Longterm"
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

MikeyT

Quote from: bbottom on August 05, 2011, 07:47:26 PM
Sounds like bullshit and that he's just setting up a justification of Gibsons becoming even more over-priced within the coming decade

I hope doctors and lawyers buy a lot of guitars from Gibson, then.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

EddieMullet

See the other threads, but I just got one of those aluminum neck Kramers and haven't been this into playing bass in years.  I really think one with a Lucite body instead of wood would be awesome.

It might be heavy, but the one I got now made of Mahogany is heavy as hell, I think the Lucite might be lighter if not close to the same.

Either way I fucking love it and now now need to get back into a decent enough band to put it to good use.

Instant Dan

Quote from: bbottom on August 05, 2011, 07:47:26 PM

And then in turn makes those lawsuit Japanese Gibson copies more expensive. >:(