Main Menu

How long have you played??

Started by Isabellacat, July 29, 2011, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachoff

21 years off and on.  Probably about 15 years "on".

lordfinesse

Piano for 30 years off and on, guitar for 23 years. I tried drums when I was a kid, but I wasn't very good. I sound like a guitar player playing drums.
Billy Squier 24/7

bitter

I started on bass back in early '01, and switched to playing electric guitar in 2003. It made more sense at the time as I was really into the chugging metal stuff. That summer, after graduating HS, I got more into it. Never went anywhere, but was my everyday hobby until about mid '09. At that point, my lack of skill compared to effort was leaving me disheartened and burnt out. I noodle all the time and now am getting back into it more seriously.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

mawso

guitar 17 years, vocals 4 years.  started on piano 24 years ago

Isabellacat

Quote from: The Riffer on August 02, 2011, 04:28:22 PM
My first attempt was in 1977, I took about 4 or 5 lessons at the local store. Dropped that shit when dude said he'd NEVER teach me a Kiss song after I bought the Alive II sheet music book.

Then I bought an Electric and an MXR distortion pedal in 1982. Plugged that shit into the tape deck of my parents stereo and taught my self some Sabbath, Priest, Kiss and some traces of Maiden. Been an on and off love affair since.

The first song my guitar teacher taught me was Octopus's Garden. My guitar teacher was cool tho and he was an Eagles and country fan.

cat shepard

25 years on guitar. Very lazy and don't display 25 years of techinal virtuosity or anything. Been beating on other peoples drums for years and desiring my own drum kit is a daily obsession. one day maybe.....

Harm

Quote from: cat shepard on August 11, 2011, 12:37:40 PM
25 years on guitar. Very lazy and don't display 25 years of techinal virtuosity or anything. Been beating on other peoples drums for years and desiring my own drum kit is a daily obsession. one day maybe.....
I had that desire too for many years, but since they make a lot of noise i decided to buy an electronic drumkit. It is kinda like i am using acid while i really want mushrooms, but atleast i can bang them shits at midnight way too loud without any of my neighbours offering me a ham sandwich!
More faithfulfew right here.

MichaelZodiac

Been playing bass for 4 years. Maybe 5. Got my bass and amp from my brother in law who had in his apartment just collecting dust. I didn't really play the first year but I got into it eventually. I still suck humongous. But at least now I can play some stuff.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

bloodofkings

Well if you're gonna keep me strapped there, get the organ get some cheeseburgers and tell my wife that I moved to Abu Dhabi. I'm sure I can learn it. I dabble in piano but not to the extent I'd say I play it.

Quote from: jibberish on July 31, 2011, 12:35:26 AM
wait cello AND bassoon " holy ???..holy grail batman!"  i have to sit down.   imma kidnap this guy and keep him in my basement strapped to a recording setup.

if he played cathedral organ too, ill start a new religion to worship him.
I can't crap for shit.