Main Menu

recommend me some pedals

Started by strangelight, July 28, 2011, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

Uhh...I've owned a lot of pedals since '92, but not that many.  Next time I go to buy something Chovie, I'm bmailing you or Clockwork.  Good God.  Do you live in New York or L.A.?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

The Riffer

Quote from: Baltar on August 01, 2011, 03:18:28 PM
Sorry to thread-jack, but doesn't someone here make the Pharoh Fuzz?  Really good looking pedal, that backs up what it advertises.

EDIT: Just chequed oot the Black Arts page,  $140 is a fucking steal for that gem.  Kudos to whoever makes 'em.

Yeah man, that's me. Thanks for the good words. Btw, they are $150 now, there are still some dealers with the old V1 Pharaoh for 140.00

Link to my blog for anyone interested:
http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.com/
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

eyeprod

damn, e9th/chovied that is too many pedals for one guy to own. You're lucky at finding scores!

btw, I still stand behind this stroll on fuzz by hudson electronics. This guy who builds them is down the road from the D.A.M guy. He picked up where DAM left off when they discontinued their mk2 clone. I can't say enough about this thick, chewy(their word, but it's so apt) fuzz. Supposedly they are becoming highly sought after like the DAM pedals, so I would get one while they're reasonable. I'll post some clips when I get a chance.
CV - Slender Fungus

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Riffer on August 02, 2011, 08:06:36 AM
Sorry to thread-jack, but doesn't someone here make the Pharoh Fuzz?  Really good looking pedal, that backs up what it advertises.

EDIT: Just chequed oot the Black Arts page,  $140 is a fucking steal for that gem.  Kudos to whoever makes 'em.

Yeah man, that's me. Thanks for the good words. Btw, they are $150 now, there are still some dealers with the old V1 Pharaoh for 140.00

Jam room discount plz
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

strangelight

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 02, 2011, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: The Riffer on August 02, 2011, 08:06:36 AM

Jam room discount plz

totally. i think i'mma order one of these when i get back to ammur'ka. it's awesome on its own but i especially like the way it shapes and complements other fuzzes.

Chovie D

Quote from: Baltar on August 01, 2011, 08:27:12 PM
Uhh...I've owned a lot of pedals since '92, but not that many.  Next time I go to buy something Chovie, I'm bmailing you or Clockwork.  Good God.  Do you live in New York or L.A.?

Until a couple years ago I only had 3 really cheap pedals. A boss DS2, a $15 Ibanez digital delay, and a boss tuner.
then something snapped and i started collectiing. i have an OC personaity so it wasnt long before they began piling up. I live in Seattle, but all of the good vintage pedals, the rams head big muff, the mutron, the Mosrite Fuzzrite, the Univox Superfuzz, Oilcan delays, etc etc have come from old men in little places like Sullivan , IL, Waycross, GA, Bumfuck texas etc. "I got some old rusty effects I used to use back in the hippie days, they sound like woodstock to me...maybe youd be  interested in those?"...oh you bet I am kind sir. ;D

the rams head, the superfuzz and the wa machine were only $100 each, you cannot by a new fuzz for that, let alont the holy grail of epic vintage fuzzes. The fuzzrite was free.."maybe you can fix this son"...um yessir i will try. Tel ray oil can delay...$75. and so on.

I dont pay big money for anything ever. cept that pog2 I bought new and never use  :'(

Ive also built just about everything in the BYOC catalog and enjoy some of those pedals very much, even side by side with their vinatge counterparts. some of them are spot on and they were fun to build and paint.

rock on people...rock on

VOLVO)))

If you wanna trade me for my old big box POG, Chovis, I'll use the POG2...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

$150 is still a steal.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a forth fuzz.  Cheers Riffer, I'll promote your pedals every chance I get.

The Riffer

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 02, 2011, 10:49:44 AM

Jam room discount plz
my email is: electricblackdoom@gmail.com
Hit me up, we'll talk.

Quote from: strangelight on August 02, 2011, 11:53:24 AM
totally. i think i'mma order one of these when i get back to ammur'ka. it's awesome on its own but i especially like the way it shapes and complements other fuzzes.
Cool. I'd love to hook you up. Get with me when the time comes.

Quote from: Baltar on August 02, 2011, 03:20:55 PM
$150 is still a steal.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a forth fuzz.  Cheers Riffer, I'll promote your pedals every chance I get.
Thanks man. I appreciate that.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

RAGER

Very cool delay pedal made right here in Portland

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Riffer, post more. Tell your friends. Tell your friends to tell your friends to post in here, serious...

I'll holler...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

+1 on the Malekko pedals, every one I've played, slayed.

Chovie D

Quote from: Baltar on August 02, 2011, 09:16:43 PM
+1 on the Malekko pedals, every one I've played, slayed.

they make that little spring reverb pedal dont they...i wanna try that..spring chicken or something like that?

Lumpy

They stopped making em (Spring Chicken) I think... they're supposed to come out with another mini reverb soon, I think I heard that. Those little Malekko half-size pedals are cool looking, if I was starting from scratch I would def. consider going that route... your whole pedalboard could be the size of a briefcase.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

clockwork green

They make the chicklet now which is really nice. It doesn't do surf but it's nice for rock although I'm probably going to sell mine because the TC Electronic Hall of Fame sounds so good and is super versatile. The 616 delay is also really nice and is capable of crazy oscillations but yet another TC pedal, the Flashback has bumped it from my board.

Anyone have experience with the Blackout Twosome? They made a limited edition one when you could run the musket and the fix'd together and even switch which went first but they said for $30 they'll their standard orange one. The proguitarshop clip sounds good (nice to see an electric wizard riff)and there is a good video of it being used with bass. I haven't heard any clips with lower tuned guitars (other than the bass) but that seems to be the Achilles heal of many fuzz pedals. Two-in-ones don't often sound that great but I figure that these are two excellent pedals on their own so it should work. With this and my Wattson super fuzz that should cover most of my fuzz needs for any given gig.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Baltar

I've played the Twosome, it's a pretty rad SuperMuff.  There's just so many now.  Just when you think you seen everything done to a Muff to make it cooler, wham here's another.

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

The Riffer

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 02, 2011, 05:51:52 PM
Riffer, post more. Tell your friends. Tell your friends to tell your friends to post in here, serious...

I'll holler...
I'll try bro, If I have something meaningful to add. It's a fine line between being honest with my opinions and coming off as being a shill for my stuff. My friends too. I can't stack the deck, ya know...wouldn't be cool.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Just be present! BE AMONGST YOUR PEOPLE!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Cool. I do dig the smell of hot tubes and old tolex in here...
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

strangelight

sweet. i picked up a behringer vd400 analog delay, just to mess with, and i ordered a custom pharaoh, because it's so pretty.

i did get home to find that a bit of water damage from my old apartment has totally destroyed my big muff. glad a new toy is on the way, i'm super bummed. i might crack it open to see if there's any way to salvage it, but it's pretty effed up. :(

VOLVO)))

Send 'er here, SL. I love projects. Is it the russian or nyc?

Sent from my slutwhorecunt phone using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Quote from: strangelight on August 07, 2011, 02:57:43 PM
sweet. i picked up a behringer vd400 analog delay, just to mess with, and i ordered a custom pharaoh, because it's so pretty.

i did get home to find that a bit of water damage from my old apartment has totally destroyed my big muff. glad a new toy is on the way, i'm super bummed. i might crack it open to see if there's any way to salvage it, but it's pretty effed up. :(

Cool. what color did you order?

Sunn O)))), if you take the project, I may be able to help with some free/cheap parts...
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB