Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Submarine

Yeah, its the 50 watt with (2) 6" speakers with carry bag.  Bought it on the street for $40 from someone who needed a fix quick.  Heroin can really do a number on people.

Stonergrunge

I'm trying to improve my gear in terms of recording...

Call me crazy, but I do believe the Scarlett mic sounded more impressive during the first recording tests than the Sennheiser e906.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Just bought a set of Kluson vintage style locking tuners for my sunburst.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

Just had maybe my greatest gear score ever.

$50. Old dude kicked the bucket and the family is clearing his spot out.

I offered more, but they were happy that it was going to a musician. Kinda riding a high right now. Can't wait to plug the Maestro in and see what she does.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

words

RAGER

Shit. Even if it doesn't work at all not only is it worth fixing but probably very easy to.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

probably haunted. thats why they were happy to get rid of it.

James1214

Gonna need a little tinkering, the slow phase works, the medium and fast don't. But I literally have all the replacement parts I'd need and the mediocre soldering skills to do it too.

words

neighbor664

Submarine

Such a sweet phaser.  Nice score.

James1214

The slow phase is killer but the medium and fast are out of commission. I'll get it on the bench and fix it in the next week or so. Prettystoked. Sounds amazing already, totally dripping with the Waylon vibe. Stoked.

words

James1214

Also, the death metal pedal is pretty dope in the fx loop, acting as a preamp. Which is how I generally use my HM-2 or any other extreme metal distortion.

words

Stonergrunge

Oh, I forgot to post the last two things:

The one on the left is Randy's Revenge by Fairfield Circuitry, it's a ring modulator.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

I've always like their designs. Ring mod huh?  I've got my old Moogerfooger I use on synth stuff. Haven't used it much on guitar though.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

New Kluson tuners are perfect drop in and are working awesome.  I used the idea bushings and the old screws. Old screws are better quality.

I also bought the $99 JHS phaser but got a discount so it was $84 plus shipping. It'll be here Tuesday.
No Focus Pocus

everdrone

just got a behringer sf300

awesome!  gets Electric Wizard tone easily.

clip here:
https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance/2021-11-28-awakenedsabbath-vibes

Stonergrunge

Fuzz is love

Danny G

Not new, have had it for a long time but never needed it.

Until I needed to run sound for an event.

Old school Peavey CS-800!

Turns out it still works, sounds great, and weighs a goddamn ton.

But allows me to use my fancy schmancy Presonus digital board instead of my old school Samson 6-channel powered mixer that I've had since like 1996.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Pissy

Had one many many years ago for PA.  Pretty solid workhorse.  Even if you can hear all the stale beer and smoke.
Vinyls.   deal.

Danny G

And smell it, too.

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

mortlock

I dont want to use my dod pedals any longer. Not because i dont like them but because they are all, i guess, fairly vintage. I purchased most of them in the late 80s early 90s and for the most part they all still work AND i have all the original boxes. Its kind of dawning on me that these are valuable now.

RAGER

Which ones you got?

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

i never liked my 2nd batch original klon and punted it. that was before the market hit proverbial ***hit the fan on those.  ::)

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on December 11, 2021, 12:34:04 PM
Which ones you got?

FX-55
FX - 56
FX - 56 b
FX - 13
FX - 72
FX - 86
401 B

RAGER

Inspired me to dig out my original FX90 mn3005 chip. Cool delay.

Anyways. Play those things man!  The most valuable of yours is probably the FX13.

I've got an $800 overdrive on my board. My Moog delay on my synth rig keeps going up in price currently about $2k. Shit. You know what amps I have. My point is that they are made to play. So play em. The old stuff is easily repairable too.

Fuck it.

No Focus Pocus

Submarine

Quote from: RAGER on December 12, 2021, 02:57:02 PM
My point is that they are made to play. So play em.

^^This all damn day^^