Band members who can't/don't pay rent, how far do you let it go?

Started by Wesogkan, April 02, 2011, 03:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesogkan

Quote from: LogicalFrank on April 04, 2011, 02:17:32 PM
I let it go pretty far w/ some of my guys... But I make more money than them, etc. so I try to give 'em leeway. If it was painful for me financially, I'd make a bigger stink. The only time I get really pissed is when guys who should be able to afford it blow it on other things and make me wait and then I'll give 'em shit.

Ha, I'm living on $82/week unemployment, which doesn't even cover my rent. So I'm not in any position, (nor mood at this point in my career) to cover someone else's ass for 3-4+ months (or infinity? who knows?) when their weekly check is over mine. But that situation is over as far as the space, and I'm out all that rent $.

If there's any bright side to it, I got some new riffs written while we jammed.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

melkore

I think we waited 3 months and then he stopped talking to us entirely.  One day he swung in, grabbed his gear and left his key the spineless asshole.  We should have kept some for ransom.

Wesogkan

Dude wasn't paying rent and you gave him a key? That's crazy...he could've jacked all your shit.

EddieMullet

Hey Hayseed out here in Beaver County there are bass players (scratch the word "players" and downgrade it to people that own basses) coming out of the woodwork, most of them not so good, though.

The kind that pick up bass because there's only 4 strings and you don't have to learn chords or solos.

But every once in a while you do run into one that at least owns a decent instrument and (not quite as often) also has a decent amp and shows up for practice and doesn't have multiple "personal issues"

Whereas someone like the above mentioned that plays guitar or drums is very rare, it's like there must have been a really good sale on MIM Fender and/or Ibanez basses and Crate amps a few years ago somewhere around here.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: EddieMullet on April 09, 2011, 10:13:59 PM

The kind that pick up bass because there's only 4 strings and you don't have to learn chords or solos.
You can play chords AND soloes on a bass, but if you're smart you won't :)

mortlock

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 09, 2011, 10:24:17 PM

unless youre scott lafaro..

VOLVO)))

I played 4 bangers forever, someone GAVE me a 6 string about two weeks ago, man... BEADF#B on a bass realllllyyyyyyy makes shit fun. I play chords, just like on guitar. Tone knob all the way down really makes for some smooth sounds. I dig it.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: mortlock on April 09, 2011, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 09, 2011, 10:24:17 PM

unless youre scott lafaro..

I'm not a big fan of AOR.

hayseed

Hey Hayseed out here in Beaver County there are bass players (scratch the word "players" and downgrade it to people that own basses) coming out of the woodwork, most of them not so good, though.

But every once in a while you do run into one that at least owns a decent instrument and (not quite as often) also has a decent amp and shows up for practice and doesn't have multiple "personal issues"

Whereas someone like the above mentioned that plays guitar or drums is very rare, it's like there must have been a really good sale on MIM Fender and/or Ibanez basses and Crate amps a few years ago somewhere around here.

Thats funny. I am from Butler and there is NOTHING going here at all! I just scored a drummer from out your way though, thanks for the import! In my area, drummers went the way of the Dodo bird. There used to tons of them! Guitar players are plentiful if you are into cover bands, play jam stuff(dead, phish), or rock the bad acoustic night at a local bar. We had an idea to check out acoustic open mic nights to look for like minded players.....no luck at all and the experience haunts my dreams. Fuck anybody who kicks the shit out of an acoustic guitar while trying to rock out to a Dave Mathews song. Learn dynamics in music you asses and stop beating up guitars, please!
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC