would you buy one of these for $75?

Started by justinhedrick, March 07, 2011, 08:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Definitely! I wouldn't have even taken the time to post this  ;D
Meh :/

justinhedrick

right on. picking it up on sunday. seller is going to send me a few pics before then.

xander face

i know somebody with an old Morley Fuzz / Wah

it sounds like shit, and I'm a guy that loves lo-fi fuzzy noise.

your mileage may vary.

justinhedrick

Quote from: xander face on March 10, 2011, 01:00:21 AM
i know somebody with an old Morley Fuzz / Wah

it sounds like shit, and I'm a guy that loves lo-fi fuzzy noise.

your mileage may vary.

yeah, i've seen several reviews of the fuzz wah. it sounds . . . super fuzzy.

i'm buying it because i've never seen one and who knows, in a year or two it could be worth more than $75.

Jake

Is that one of those oilcan dealies? Those are so kooky and badass. Maybe ask Chovis his opinion – I seem to remember him chatting those up before...?
poop.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Jake on March 10, 2011, 10:26:22 AM
Is that one of those oilcan dealies? Those are so kooky and badass. Maybe ask Chovis his opinion – I seem to remember him chatting those up before...?

cool. maybe he'll chime in?

Chovie D

you rang? yeah man the oil cans are fucking awesome you should definetly scoop that thing up.
oil can is a trippy sound, lots of warble and weirdness, that thing should be cool as hell.

I have an ad n eko oil can delay, its killer but I need to do some work on it and have been too lazy to get  it done.
I have the morley fuzz wah also, its not an oil can device. Its not horrble, kinda funky, I dont use it much.

justinhedrick

right on. what do you think one of these is worth? any idea?

Chovie D

Dave J

I like my Morley Fuzz Wah, and you can adjust the fuzz level or blend with the expression pedal.  It can get uncontrollable at times if your not careful (trust me I know).  I bought mine for about $100 but I've seen people asking $200 for them (the Fuzz Wah that is).
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

justinhedrick

Quote from: Dave J on March 10, 2011, 02:13:08 PM
I like my Morley Fuzz Wah, and you can adjust the fuzz level or blend with the expression pedal.  It can get uncontrollable at times if your not careful (trust me I know).  I bought mine for about $100 but I've seen people asking $200 for them (the Fuzz Wah that is).

cool. i think i'll probably as around $250 for it and see what happens.

Chovie D

Quote from: justinhedrick on March 11, 2011, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: Dave J on March 10, 2011, 02:13:08 PM
I like my Morley Fuzz Wah, and you can adjust the fuzz level or blend with the expression pedal.  It can get uncontrollable at times if your not careful (trust me I know).  I bought mine for about $100 but I've seen people asking $200 for them (the Fuzz Wah that is).

cool. i think i'll probably as around $250 for it and see what happens.

you are going to just flip it?  ???  me no like, you should play that thing.

the fuzz wahs go for about $100 (mine was slightly under), but anything with an oil can is strating at about $200 I think.

justinhedrick

well, i picked it up yesterday. the guy i bought if from really didn't know very much about it. he said that his dad had it and he found it when they were cleaning out his house after he died.

the rotary feature works well, it sounds like a tremolo pedal with kind of a chorus effect. you can actually hear the motor turning the oil can. not through the amp mind you.

the wah portion of it though is really weak. not sure what's going on there? i figured i'd crack it open sometime soon and look at it.