Main Menu

Rancho de la Luna

Started by the diddler, August 20, 2013, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the diddler

Anyone ever been out to the mystical desert studio?  I seem to remember some dudes on the old board having had some experience there.  Anyway- heading out tomorrow morning, be there by Friday.  Wish me luck I guess

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

the diddler

recording some songs, drinking some tequila.  sweating balls off, I imagine

RacerX

Have a good time!

Some handy advice (I live in the desert):

As long as you wear a sleeveless shirt & baggy shorts w/ no underwear, the sweat will evaporate off you as fast as it forms.

Stay hydrated, though—1 tequila per every 3 beers.  ;)
Livin' The Life.

the diddler

RAGER

Sweet man!  Have a blast!
No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

JemDooM

Wow! Yeah good luck!! And pics would be aaaawweesome!!!
DooM!

MichaelZodiac

I think Soundgardenia has been there or at least talked about it but she hasn't been sighted in a while. Anyway, good luck dude, it seems to be a pretty magical place.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

the diddler

Thanks dudes- we actually have a photo guy going with us, so hopefully he has his shit together and only captures our 'good sides'.  Oh, wait....

RAGER

Oh so there's gonna be nudes then?
No Focus Pocus

Jake

I made it a point to drive (creep) by it whenever I went camping at Joshua Tree Nat'l Park. Was always hoping to see some jukebox heroes.

The Anthony Bourdain episode where he goes to Palm Desert is rich with insider looks at the studio. I think the whole episode is on youtube.
poop.

the diddler

Holy shit, this place is amazing.  Got into town Thursday night and saw Black Angels at Pappy & Harriet's. Cool club but didn't get there in time for the grilled meat. Spent yesterday in the studio and sweat balls off- gold bond spray powder is keeping the swap somewhat at bay. We're getting some killer sound. Dave Catching is a badass motherfucker.

Ayek

That's really neat. It's cool that place is still going after all this time and Fred's passing and all

Chovie D

the diddler

there's some pics being posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/mahnhammer

and apparently there's twitter shits going down too, I don't know.  I can barely figure out how to turn on my amp, though Dave Catching sent some cool panorama shots of us sitting around listening to playback.  I'll try to post those if/when I sober up