POG;who has one? I couldnt resist

Started by rayinreverse, February 22, 2011, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayinreverse

Ive been eyeballing them for a long time now. I finally decided to drop the money on a micro POG.

Baltar

Totally worth it.  My buddy had a Micro and it even does vocals well.  He got a hot deal on a POG2, so now he has the kitchen sink model.  Pull the trigger.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Chovie D

I have the POG2. It has alot of great sounds and features but it never gets used and eventually I removed it from my live pedalboard.

VOLVO)))

I have the original monster POG. LOVE IT.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

NoSleepTilSleep

Got a POG2, and it hasn't moved from my board.

Chovie D

Quote from: NoSleepTilSleep on February 22, 2011, 03:14:28 PM
Got a POG2, and it hasn't moved from my board.

what sounds do you use it for? and you use these sounds live?

I ask not to be a smartass. Id genuinely like to figure out a use for this very expensive pedal.

i bought it to do organ sounds on the pedal steel, which it does nicely, but turns out I  just never need or want that.

VOLVO)))

I use it for the polyphonic octave down-age. There's a couple parts where I kick on the low octave and make things super heavy via 2 bass sounds. Also, you can slide the sliders with your big toe. I use it for organ sounds, too. It's a useful pedal.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

NoSleepTilSleep

No worries. Right now I have about 5 settings I use frequently (both recording and the occasional gig out); the first is an octave down cocked wah ala "cosmic artifact" by Spirit Caravan, really makes a big muff style fuzz cut the mix. There's an orchestral backing type effect that creeps in slowly, very good with echo on clean stuff (I hate traditional chorus so this is like an anti-chorus). Third is a mellotron effect that I absolutely love, especially with a bit of pitch vibrato (I aped the settings from one of the EHX vids). There's a more standard organ sound but bass heavy, sort of tuned for fuzz.. kinda cheesy without heavy dirt. And the last is a poly-synth style pad, like old Italian giallo style.

It's not for everyone, it also can become very lame very quickly if it's overused or you hit a frequency that's painfully digital sounding. I usually use it in conjunction with other stuff, cause on it's own it can get a bit grating.     

clockwork green

I have one of the originals and have had it right from the beginning.  I still don't have a single song that uses it but it's fun to pretend that I'm Jon Lord and playing distorted organ riffs. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"