Sling Blade

Started by Jor el, August 06, 2013, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

Just wanted to remind You Peopleā„¢ how fucking phenomenal Dwight Yoakum was.

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Brilliant fucking movie.

Yeah, I got a new tune in composition entitled "The Thrill." And it goes somethin' like this: "I stand on the hill, not for a thrill, but for the breath of a fresh kill. Never mind the man who contemplates doin' away with license plates. He stands alone, anyhow, bakin' the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent. Leavin' his soul!" Then like in poetry I go dot-dot-dot, you know, kinda off center, then I drop down and then I go: "Leavin' his soul! And partin' the waters of the medulla oblongata of - -brrrrrr! - -mankind!"

I don't think that's right. I believe the "Dot Dot Dot" come between "Medula" and "Oblongota".

The dots are where I say they are. Melody and tune, that's your trade, Terence. You're a tunesmith.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Demon Lung

French fried taters...

RAGER

We don't need to fuckin' practice Randy!

My old bass player's name was Randy so that line was used once in a while.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I constantly tell people "get the fuck out" in Dwight voice.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Dwight can play a cruel motherfucker that very few else can pull off.

He set some people on fire in that horrible cop movie with Harrison ford, who was a part-time realtor and full-time lapd detective. You know, the one where everyone's got a cell phone in the movie.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Danny G

Didnt realize Ian Moore was also in it. I will have to revisit
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

lowdaddy

Quote from: The Shocker on August 06, 2013, 10:33:59 PM
Brilliant fucking movie.

Yeah, I got a new tune in composition entitled "The Thrill." And it goes somethin' like this: "I stand on the hill, not for a thrill, but for the breath of a fresh kill. Never mind the man who contemplates doin' away with license plates. He stands alone, anyhow, bakin' the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent. Leavin' his soul!" Then like in poetry I go dot-dot-dot, you know, kinda off center, then I drop down and then I go: "Leavin' his soul! And partin' the waters of the medulla oblongata of - -brrrrrr! - -mankind!"

I don't think that's right. I believe the "Dot Dot Dot" come between "Medula" and "Oblongota".

The dots are where I say they are. Melody and tune, that's your trade, Terence. You're a tunesmith.

Is that an actual quote from the movie?  Bizarre.  I'll have to re-visit as well.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

RAGER

I had an idea of doing a karaoke night where everyone had to sing whatever their song was in Karl's voice.
No Focus Pocus

lowdaddy

Many years ago I watched this movie while coming down off x.

lowdaddy

That was an odd evening.

The Bandit

Quote from: lowdaddy on August 12, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
Quote from: The Shocker on August 06, 2013, 10:33:59 PM
Brilliant fucking movie.

Is that an actual quote from the movie?  Bizarre.  I'll have to re-visit as well.

Yep, one of the funniest movies ever & it deals with mental retardation, murder, spousal and child abuse.

VOLVO)))

That band scene is pretty much how today's practice went, heh.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

We don't need to fucking practice, Randy!