Hey Shaft, do you have Apple TV?

Started by The Bandit, January 13, 2014, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

I don't get what that means.

I'm telling you - Apple TV plus 'remote file App' is the greatest thing ever. Vevo has tons of videos to watch. Plus the iRadio stations and Netflix. We use this constantly. 
Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on February 03, 2014, 07:39:31 PM
Fun fact: the remote still does its things, even when you are streaming from your phone.

If you can't figure out how to disable your iPhones power save then this new future is not for you.

Why the fuck would I disable the power save feature to watch a video?  

Fuck you richie rich.  Give me some compound diskettes.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

The power save feature on your iPhone, or your Sony television ?
What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

Really I don't use much but the remote to control the apple tv but when I do want to stream a video to the screen from my phone and the video is longer than the sleep timeout feature on my phone the video on the screen just pauses when the phone auto-locks or sleeps.

I bought my parents a chromecast and while it offers similar streaming capabilities this doesn't happen when using it.  The chromecast kinda pauses the playback on the phone device pops on the screen and then uses the wireless card built into the chromecast rather than the phone.  Then on the phone it kinda just shows like controls for the streaming video that has now been cast to the tv screen.

It's probably something easily worked around but I honestly didn't even give a shit other than asking the resident braggart and apple product afficianado MadJohnShaft.

MadJohnShaft

This is clearly too much future for you all at once, want my Grandma to come over and assist?

Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on February 09, 2014, 09:58:08 AMThis is clearly too much future for you all at once, want my Grandma to come over and assist?

Yeah send over some pleated slacks with her too.

Maybe she can talk about how proud she is of you and we can discuss your next endeavors.