What "modern" pickups do you like?

Started by CID Vicious, August 08, 2015, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

let's keep the ignorance contained solely in general discussion with the rest of the ignorants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definitely like the passive emg's better than the actives in my other whammy schecter.

the pups in my '76 ish cortez black beauty sound better than the 2000 LP studio. they look like they are the same covered type, but something is different.(could be the guitar too, obviously)
Actually i don't even touch Gibson products anymore. super wide necks? auto tuner bullshit, low end models that are just pathetic and boring.i actually do not care what that company is doing or if it even folds.   IDK WTF they are trying to do, but they are succeeding in killing any interest in their products. i am getting more fun out of what fender has been doing. <-the point is IDK what modern Gibson PuPs sound like, and i don't care.

i am also starting to get the sense that string thru guitars are bigger and richer sounding than screwed on tailpieces. 

juan11

srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

zachoff

Heh, modern. I like whatever's on my '78 Yamaha BB and SD Basslines... The Vintage Ps.