Main Menu

Review THIS

Started by The Gentlemen Bastards, November 14, 2012, 04:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gentlemen Bastards

Hey,

First time poster here. So, forgive me if it's bad form to ask you to check out our band. We've received great feedback from several rock/stoner/metal sites and blogs. But, we'd love to hear what your forum thinks about our album. Good or bad - as long as it's an honest opinion, let us hear it!

http://thegentlemenbastards.bandcamp.com/

or

https://www.facebook.com/thegentlemenbastards/app_2405167945

thanks!

The Bandit

The Bandit thinks it is bad form and will not check it out.

frobbert

bite me

Dylan Thomas

I like the riffs, grooves, melodies, and energy. However, the vocals are way up and don't sit particularly well in the mix for my tastes.  Still, shows promise.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Demon Lung

Quote from: The Gentlemen Bastards on November 28, 2012, 05:44:00 PM
Do what I say you pile of monkey nuts!
it doesn't work like that brocephus. You offended 3/4 I the forum by posting your bands stuff on the outright. It's cool with me and there's a possibility that ill check it out when I get to the crib ( although I doubt it because I'm as high as gas right now. ) stay for a while. Become part of the community. Don't just try to hit it and leave it

The Gentlemen Bastards

That "monkey nuts" quote is a line from Smokey and the Bandit. Totally meant it as a joke response to "The Bandit" who is obviously a big fan of the movie, as am I.

I put those links up the first day I discovered this forum. In hindsight, I should have built up my street cred first. But, I spend so much time looking for any new way to promote the band that my first instinct was to just to post something. I'm trying to make up for it now by getting involved on other threads. No offense intended.

GodShifter

Nothing wrong with posting it here, really. I think, probably, the commandment of "REVIEW THIS!" probably rubbed people the wrong way. But you posted in the right forum, so no harm, no foul in that regard (even if it was your first post -- doesn't matter).

CanookieWookie

That is the way it is supposed to be.  More bands posting music would help my addictive personality.