Main Menu

Ring Mods and Guitar Synth

Started by FullCustom, October 19, 2012, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullCustom

Who is into ring mods and guitar synths? Looks like we'll be building a few ring mod pedals soon. Who's interested and what other synth-y pedals are good?

clockwork green

I have a Pigtronix Mothership and it can do some really amazing stuff but it can also easily sound terrible. It's really tricky to dial in but once you do it's super unique and cool sounding.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

eyeprod

eh microsynth has some cool features. I especially like the sweep options it has where you can choose up or down sweep as well as the range. I had one years ago and am missing it lately.
CV - Slender Fungus

I,Galactus

MOOG (duh)

Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge is a pretty great ring mod.

I've kind of fallen out of love with guitar synth.  I'd rather have guitar that sounds like a guitar and synth that sounds like synth.  :-[
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

FullCustom

I'd like to try the Randy's Revenge sometime, great use of the Analog Devices Gilbert Cell IC.

liquidsmoke

If I was playing psychedelic rock right now I'd try to get one for sure even if I didn't use it in songs.

themusketking

I have a EHX Bass Microsynth.  I have trouble really dialing it in. It gets unruly really quickly. I used to use it all the time, but lately I've had issues with volume drop and haven't able to solve them. I need to mess with it some more. I'd like to use it more in songwriting.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

MichaelZodiac

Damn, that Randy's Revenge is coming onto my list-to-watch. Would love to play around with one, maybe when I have the cash. I'm hoping my BAT Oath will satisfy my current pedal lust when it arrives.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

FullCustom

Looks like Thursday I'll be building some prototypes. That's is when the board that I designed will arrive. I'll have enough for four prototypes. Which are all spoken for locally. If all goes well, I'll build 16 more. Of-course there will be pictures.  

FullCustom

I did some testing, looks like I'll be able to use the EXP/CV in of my new pedal design with the CV out of my Arp Odyssey.

FullCustom

http://instagram.com/p/RQCImvATG1/
Prototype 1 of 4. So far about three hours of testing, still running on first battery.