I got Band Hero to learn drums

Started by Ayek, September 21, 2012, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayek

So far the toughest part has been telling my parents I'm gay. Well, that and being reminded how uncoordinated I am.

ryansummit

grimnigz is lookin for a drummer
and provides transportation

Ayek

bass sic

So do you think it's going to work? The learning drum from a game, not the being gay. I would think you would learn something that would translate.

Hemisaurus

I don't see the connection between bangin' dudes and bangin' skins, oh wait ::)

Ayek

Well you use sticks to hit 5 drum pads and use your foot on a kick pedal. Basically a cheap electronic drum kit. So far I thinks it's helped with limb independance. I got the monsters of rock one which has some good songs, so that helps. Not looking to get serious, just expanding my horizons

Jake

Is it hard to Rock Band drum in rollerblades?
poop.

bass sic

It's not when your wearing hot pants.

The Shocker

Ask MJS how it helped his Experience.

Ayek

Quote from: Jake on September 22, 2012, 03:03:40 AM

I said gay, not full blown flaming

Discö Rice

So at first I was like "Bah that won't blah blah not real technique blah blah good for meter nothing else blah blah"... I dunno, that stuff's obvious to a thinking person and no one likes a brow beater. Have fun, dude. I'm glad to see you're interested, and I hope it gets you excited enough about playing drums to explore that world in more depth. For everything you learn there are dozens more doors that open (it's like fucking fractals), and I think that's what's kept it exciting for me for all these years. Hopefully you get the same thrill out of it. :)
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

bitter

Quote from: Jake on September 22, 2012, 03:03:40 AM

With skates, you gotta stick to the ukulele...

Super Terry Airlines
come aboard
so fuckin' sweet
put it inside you.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan