Main Menu

USB interface?

Started by cat shepard, March 09, 2012, 11:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat shepard

I know, I know analog rules man, but does anyone have or used a focusrite saffire? I would appreciate your shared experience with said device if so and thank you.

Corey Y

I use a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 along with an Octopre MkII and they're good quality, from my experience. Good clean preamps, realiable and Focusrite has good support.

cat shepard

Thanks. I am on the fence but almost over it in terms of going for one of these.

Corey Y

The worst thing you could say about Focusrite preamps is they don't have an abundance of character. Personally that's a plus for me. I don't use preamps as an effect, I used to own outboard tube preamps and I found I didn't like them, so I stick to microphone choice or mixing to add a certain gain structure or eq to a track. Focusrite is a fairly well known and widely used brand and they have a lot of different products. So if you can find one that meets your needs and is in your budget I'd say it's worth buying. I did a lot of research before buying mine and there was a lot of quality competition, but it had the best quality, reliability (stable drivers, no abundance of hardware failure complaints online) and features for the price compared to a lot of other high profile brands.