Main Menu

Favorite fuzz pedal kit

Started by clockwork green, October 20, 2011, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Leeds Fuzz done.  It's alive and well
Seems like good quality parts.  probably not the best one for a beginner.  Lots of soldering and a tight fit.  I did a couple things differently and if I were to do another one i would do yet a few things differently.  Sounds fukn great though.

didn't do anything crazy with the case.  just painted it with some leftover paint from a couple jobs.  that's Fleetwood Bounder Brown and silver from a late 90's Lance Camper ;D  Gonna get some different knobs today too.  all the cool ones I have around are for the smaller shaft size.

No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

yah i remember that one being a tight fit. all the ones with the jacks on the top are kinda tight, but its great having those jacks and powerjack on the top side of the enclosure. your wiring looks nice and neat.

so which one are ya gonna build next?? :D
they are like potato chips, i bet ya cant build just one  8)

RAGER

analog delay and bypass looper is next
No Focus Pocus

clockwork green

Looks really nice....mine never look that good.  How does it sound?  Super Fuzzes are notorious for big volume drops which can be incredibly annoying. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

i uploaded a video but the audio turned out like shit.  I'll probably take it down and try another one

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Your build looks great, and I think you were smart not to spend a ton of time trying to make a fancy case. I will just use some type of pre-made sticker on top, if I ever get interested in building pedals again. Spend 3.99 on Ebay and get a Day of the Dead sticker or Rat Fink or whatever. Done.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dunwichamps

you can do waterslide decals, i did that for the FAC OFF proto. Works easy and you can do whatever u want so long as the colors jive

Lumpy

Decals are fairly easy (and if you already have a nice home printer, bingo) but you're supposed to clear-coat them... pain in the ass.

For you (FAC off etc) if you ever start mass production, silk screened boxes look amazing. People are willing to pay more money/attention if the pedals look cool and are pro-packaged, have a cool name, nice knobs etc. There's a company that will sell you the drilled, silkscreened boxes that you drop your guts into... Pedal Parts Plus

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PPP&Category_Code=SP150

dunwichamps

yea I do use PPP for all my pedal stuff (minus screening)

See here

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=3471.0

They do awesome powder coating for a good price

Lumpy

dunwichamps

No worries man, you gave solid ass advice (so good I already followed it)

I am loving those production models.

Chovie D

i ENJOY making my own labels and enclosures. It's part of the fun for me. :P