Main Menu

Necro-Gear

Started by clockwork green, November 02, 2011, 02:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

Have you almost sold something only to later realize how awesome it is?

I have a Toneczar Openhaus distortion pedal that I was planning on selling and never really used with my gear at home but I decided to take it to the studio and try it on the big amps. I did this once before but I ran my amps with a lot more gain back then and the Openhaus was just a muddy mess of indistinguishable notes and noise. Today with my amp set cleaner it sounds absolutely amazing. This is the high gain metal tone I've had in my head for so long. So, what have you brought back from the dead?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Instant Dan

Probably the modded Garmopat Vox Wah and Pharoah fuzz. With the Vox, I had it on the stock settings and it was blah compared to the Budda. Then once I learned the EQ with it, was able to smooth out the highs.

With the Pharoah, it sounded good on clean but felt like something was missing. When I got my JCM800  and Epiphone Valve semi-dirty to dirty, it really came alive.

justinhedrick

probably my LM308 rat. i had been using my non 308 because it sounded meaner and raspy-er. well, i wanted to get a bit more fuzz out of it, so i put the 308 before it. sounds awesome, like the amp is about ready to explode.

Lanticus

Lately I've been super-glad I never did get rid of the Peavey Classic VTX combo.  I was never really too close to selling or trading, it just gathered dust for a long time, then I took it to my buddy's house to jam.  He lives 30 min away, so I just started leaving it there, as we were jamming kind of regularly.  Once that fell off, I didn't go out there to retrieve it for damn near a year.  Lately, I been jamming it all over the place.  Going A/B to the fullstack and octave down to the combo.  I need to clean up the pots and replace the tubes, but it still sounds pretty stellar.
Hot Wings of Hell @ Slayer's Bar&Grill