Main Menu

Egnater amps, opinions?

Started by The Shocker, October 23, 2011, 09:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

First off, I'm not a professional musician and I'm not in a band.  I just play to have a hobby (and to keep my ass at home).  I've been interested in the Tweaker 15 watt head to try different tone options.  Anyone ever fooled around with this amp or have an opinion on Egnater in general?

jibberish

i was intruiged by the price for sure.  I waschecking them out at one of the big music gear houses online, but i never heard one.

Hemisaurus

real tweakers use soldering irons ;)

garnet, garnet, garnet.

bitter

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=2962.0

I'll repost my contribution but I'll provide a link to the thread (see above)  :)

To preface, I have never played any US Egnater models, only some of the newer Chinese stuff.

The first amp I played was a tour master stack back when they first came out. I think that model was exclusively made for guitarcenter/musiciansfriend retailers. Could be wrong on that though. The amp didn't sound bad, but had a lot of bells and whistles. 4 channels and some rear panel stuff that I cant recall at the moment. I do remember the amp being fairly boring and most of the channels sounded similar. Would have been better with 2 channel imo, but wasn't fancy overall.

The other amp was a tweak combo [40 watts?]. I demo'd one at a shop when trying out a few fuzz pedals. The employee just set it up clean so I could compare the pedals. I didn't even fuss with the settings but it took pedals pretty well.

In retrospect, I think it was the 15 watt model. The store had both in stock. Wish I had spent some more time with it as I'm in the market for a new practice amp. Volume was kept low to moderate, seemed like there was more on tap. Not sure if that helps, but its all I can recall.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Well I'm taking a chance on one.

Sunn, you'll be happy to know I just preordered the Squier J Mascis...

VOLVO)))

Coming to me? When's that cyclone gettin' here? Today?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 24, 2011, 11:44:26 AM
Coming to me? When's that cyclone gettin' here? Today?

At some point for sure.  I want to play it a little while, then send it to you for a setup with different strings.  Supposedly the J Mascis guitars are going to the retailers by the end of next week.  Who knows with the Cyclone, the seller is turning out to be a flake.

VOLVO)))

Fuckin' lame. Where's he located? He'll look funny with that Cyclone hanging out of his ass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 24, 2011, 01:15:15 PM
Fuckin' lame. Where's he located? He'll look funny with that Cyclone hanging out of his ass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

California.  Keeps coming up with excuses why he hasn't shipped.  The one good thing about Paypal and Ebay.  I can get my money back.

The Shocker

Seller contacted me today and said it shipped UPS friday and will send tracking # tonight...

You'll probably get it if he actually sent it, before I get the tracking number.

VOLVO)))

dumb bastard. I'll make sure to do it up nice. Watch that fucker be broken when it gets here. I can slap on a snapped neck, and you get your fuckin' money back anyways, just because he was a dipshit about the shipping.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 27, 2011, 06:49:44 PM
Got it. Christ it needs work!

Aww fuck.  What's wrong with it?  Will send you the strings tomorrow or Sat.  Forgot today.

VOLVO)))

Needs love. Fretwork is balls, board is BONE dry. unfinished neck...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

That's all fine. I think I may refinish the neck, this shitty indonesian bullshit has to go. Mind of I get rid of the squier logo?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 28, 2011, 01:17:55 AM
That's all fine. I think I may refinish the neck, this shitty indonesian bullshit has to go. Mind of I get rid of the squier logo?

Hmm, just the Squier or the whole thing?  Probably the whole thing huh?  That Cyclone logo is so cute though.

What's the plan, strip the whole neck?  I'm cool with it as long as you document it for us Jam room folks.