Main Menu

Deluxe Memory Man issues

Started by chille01, November 02, 2011, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chille01

Seems last night was the night for all my shit to break down. I've got a DMM (big box, about four years old), and it has started acting up. It is doing the self oscillation thing way too easy. Like, anything more than barely on for the feedback knob, and it's in space ship territory. Which is cool sometimes, but not when you actuall want a delay. I used to have to crank that knob almost full open to get it to do that, now I struggle to make it NOT do it.

Any ideas? Is pushing it into self oscillation bad for the pedal? Could I have got here by doing it on purpose in the past?

Hemisaurus

could be something as simple as a dirty pot, or it could be a bad solder joint. Do a visual inspection of it, and get some pot cleaner on the pots, then worry ;)

Baltar

Mine did the same thing, my buddy sent it down to Ronsound to get fixed.  Had something to do with the transformer.  But that's just an armchair eval.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

chille01

It's entirely possible that I have not been as diligent in the maintenance as I should have. I basically velcroed it to my board four years ago, then dragged said board back and forth across two provinces, to about 75 shows, since then. I'll give it a clean and see how that works.