Main Menu

Peavey Fest!

Started by hayseed, March 26, 2011, 12:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 11, 2011, 06:20:51 PM
Quote from: justinhedrick on April 11, 2011, 04:53:51 PM
i have an 18" BW cab that has the foamy crap off the back of the magnet fall into the speaker. now i have to scrape it off the piston very carefully or the speaker literally gets stuck on it . . . any advice?
Foamy crap on the back of the magnet? Do you mean something over the vent cover?

I'd remove the basket from the magnet, clean of all the foamy gunk (like a half teaspoons worth?) and re-assemble, if you want to keep particulates out the magnet, put some mesh over the hole.

I'm guessing here though, I have no idea what the foamy crap you are talking about is.

yep. that's exactly what i'm talking about.

Hemisaurus

Hmm, all the one's I've seen have a wire mesh over it, the Scorpions use the cheap foamy crap.

Either way, it's best cleaned off, cleaned out, and replaced with a little mesh.

Hemisaurus

New bass, rekindling the Peavey love, that's 2 basses, 2 amps, 4 cabs and a mixer.

moose23

I'm just about to sell on another Peavey bass head. Mark VI this time. Can't justify keeping it and selling it is paying for that Sound City MK3 I picked up a few weeks ago.

Still want a T40 at some point.

grimniggzy

Those heads are pretty sweet. Played out of one on the reg at an old practice space.
Just recently witnessed the bassist for the awesome local band APE! use one to great effect.
http://weareape.bandcamp.com/

BigSwordfishtrombone

I play guitar thru a Peavey TNT 100 (SS bass amp) from the late 70s-early 80s. I ended up getting it for my 16th birthday for $120 from a local pawn shop. I really love the tone that I get from it.

I also plan to get a T-60 (if anyone has any experience and can give me an idea of how it plays/sounds I will love you forever) when I have the funds.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on September 25, 2012, 04:28:16 PM
I play guitar thru a Peavey TNT 100 (SS bass amp) from the late 70s-early 80s. I ended up getting it for my 16th birthday for $120 from a local pawn shop. I really love the tone that I get from it.

I also plan to get a T-60 (if anyone has any experience and can give me an idea of how it plays/sounds I will love you forever) when I have the funds.

They are straight fuckin' amazing. I have one. Favorite guitar.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BigSwordfishtrombone

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 25, 2012, 05:55:57 PMThey are straight fuckin' amazing. I have one. Favorite guitar.

How's the neck? I've seen that a lot of people say that the neck is quite thin (one comment in some thread that I found via Google said that it's thin like an Ibanez) and that worries me a bit. There's some thin necks that I really like (like the one on my Duo Sonic), but if it's as thin/flat as an Ibanez then I might be a bit worried.

Jake

Picked up a near mint unloaded 412F to house a quad of Celestion G12K-100 I've been sitting on. It's a perfect cabinet & speaker match for playing baritone, super drop-tuned guitar, or even distorted bass.

For those not familiar, it's basically a stacked pair of ported 2x12s. I've heard that the F in 412F stands for festival. Those ports move some air. PEAVEY POWER!!!

poop.

MichaelZodiac

I'll just post this one again. Peavey PA-120, Peavey 210 (twice) & Peavey 410 TVX.

And my T-40, duh.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

dogfood

I'm not a fan...sorry.  T-whatever basses were fugly then and they are fugly now.

So, here is a peace offering

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/3296939348.html

Peavy Triumph 60 tube amp, looks like a Peavy version of a Mesa Boogie 112 combo $225- interesting.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/3298175499.html

T-40 $350 super clean.  fugly.

Problem solving whiskey!

bitter

I agree they're fugly... but in a good way.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

fallen

I have the 2x12 version of that 412F. Basically looks like a deep 4x12 but only has two speakers and then a port. I also have one of those 6x10 cabs but not in as nice shape as the one in that pic. Same round old school casters on it too. It's not a 6x12 but I think they sound really good.

Also have a black Peavey "Patriot" bass. Looks similar to the T40 but somewhat more 80s. Had that molded plastic case with the foam inside which all turned to chemical goop over the years.

Edit, pic of the 212: