Good Buzz Osbourne gear rundown/interview for y'all.

Started by Discö Rice, February 27, 2011, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Instant Dan

We need to start up a sticky thread of guy's rigs so we don't end up asking every time 'What pedals is he using?' 'What amp is that?' 'Did he change out the pickups?'

VOLVO)))

Seriously love his attitude. Also, as a proud beta lead user, I want those fucking preamps when they die. I don't want to fix them. I want to be on my wall. Those things are a work of art. If anyone has one sitting around, I'd love to pick it up.

HERB, build me one. You were going to do it anyways...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Then I saw Anderton had already done a Hex Booster, and it seemed kind of redundant. Just add in more inverters to suit.
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schematics/audio/pictures/craigandertontubesoundfuzz.gif

I need to get a job in a tech shop again, having to buy all your own parts to do shit just sucks.

Experienced (British) Tech: Will work for parts  ;D

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

No, it's just my repair style.  ;D

A British Roadie, and a German roadie both get a new amp to take care of.
The German roadie takes out all the manuals and takes them to bed with him, and reads them cover to cover.
The British roadie gets out his toolkit and takes the amp apart, and then puts it back together.
Middle of a gig the amp starts fucking up, the German roadie grabs the manual from his backpack, the British roadie walks up to the amp and thumps it on one side, and it starts working again.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mike_Sims

Buzz is awesome! It's always good to see somebody you dig is a cool human being and not some asshole as well. Seems like a real chill dude

hayseed

I can't say i have ever heard an interview with him. That laugh may haunt my dreams tonite...
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

peyotepeddler

i've seen this before, very cool indeed

there was also a pretty cool one with brian from soilent green, forgot the site they came from

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

clockwork green

He uses tube amps and just about anything available in the studio though.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Ayek

He uses those Dan Armstrong  plexiglass guitars now, too. Don't know if he exclusively uses 'em now though

Chovie D

Quote from: Ayek on March 02, 2011, 05:39:16 AM
He uses those Dan Armstrong  plexiglass guitars now, too. Don't know if he exclusively uses 'em now though

actually he uses "electrical guitars" now for the most part. I suspect mostly because the headstock can never break again in transit.
Ive talked to Buzz on a couple occasions, he doesnt smoke or drink and is an avid golfer.
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/

Ayek

It sure as eggs looked like one of them Dan Armstrong's he was playing last Monday, unless it was custom built to look like one or something. No, wait, I got a picture... yes it is an aluminium neck. Still a plexiglass type body. And it's a shitty photo. Saw on that website that Brent Hinds has a custom plexi flying V.

DustinAR

Buzz is awesome. Love his thoughts on songwriting and being creative. Really most everything he said i agree with. Cool interview.

Eyehatehippies

Anytime I've seen him in an interview or read an interview with him in a mag, he's always been a total sarcastic, cynical prick.

I always respected and admired him for that.  This interview here kind of took him down a few levels in my book...

I was here, but I disappare.

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

grimniggzy

Quote from: clockwork green on March 07, 2011, 01:58:33 AM
Was it something like this?

Thats almost like what the dude from Mastodon's looks like.

Buzz's has a rounder body & I'm fairly certain its all aluminum.
Unless hes gotten a new one.
Actually he has...

grimniggzy

Defintely a pretty neat take on a Les Paul/Dan Armstrong Mix.

Notice it has two strap holders on the bridge side just like a Dan Armstrong, they're just positioned a little differently.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.