Roadburn backline, your opinions needed please...

Started by JemDooM, April 03, 2015, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemDooM

Hey guys, I'd really appreciate your opinions here, below is what's available on our stage at Roadburn next weekend...

My preferred option would be to use my own head (SS, 400w, 4ohm) but without knowing the wattage/ohms of the cabs I don't know if it's the best option (I've emailed them but I don't know if I'll be able to find out until the night. There's 30 mins between bands so by the time the previous band has packed up and we've set up I'm guessing we'll have no more than 15 mins to dial in a tone and line check which isn't much time with an unfamiliar head, not to mention the possibility of it running over, so I want to be prepared. I've already asked for the JCM2000 and 2xMarshall cabs but its playing on my mind, I'd love to know your thoughts...

I had almost contacted moose for a splitter pedal but left it too late forgetting it's a bank holiday and our post offices are closed (Soon though)

HEADS
ORANGE OR50
2 pcs.MARSHALL JCM2000 TSL (3 channel)
2 pcs.MARSHALL JCM800 model 2203
FENDER twin rev.silverface

CABS
ORANGE 4X12 closed cab.
3 pcs.MARSHALL 4X12 CABS.

Danny G

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Andrew Blakk

Roadburn! Cool!

Well can't you go down to your local music store with your guitar and main pedal(or whatever you are using) and try an Orange or a TSL(or similar) out?

Bro. Righteous

If it's for guitar - def...the JCM800/2203 head (@4-Ohm)...thru 2X Marshall 4X12 Stacked (@8-Ohm/Each).
Seriously, those TSL 2000 are utter shite!

Good luck w/the gig!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Dylan Thomas

If you're using a solid state head, you can go through any cabs and it shouldn't be a problem, as long as they are higher than 4 ohms.  I've never used a guitar cabinet that was lower than 4 ohms....
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

JemDooM

Thanks guys that's helpful, I've left it too late to try out JCM's in a music store or plug into everything ;)

Thanks Andy that's my first choice to take my own head and if for some reason it doesn't work out I'll use a JCM, and as you say that should be ok! Bro I'll use the 800 if it comes to that ;)

Now to try and keep myself and the guys in a reasonable state to play at 11pm on the Saturday night!

DooM!

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

kirky

Setting the Marshall 800 to 7 all across the board will give you AC/DC. Add or subtract from there.