Don't like Pink Floyd but Love David Gilmour???

Started by spookstrickland, March 22, 2015, 04:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

Not to piss off any Floyd fans, I just never liked Floyd, don't like their songs or really any of the musicians except for Gilmour.  When a Floyd song comes on the radio I'll wait to hear his solo then change the station.  Once again, not picking on Floyd or Floyd fans this is just a personal preference.  I was wondering if anyone else feels this way about musicians in other bands...Love the one guy but everything else is Meh?

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

bitter

I lurve that lap steel lead on High Hopes. One of his best IMO.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hagard

Have listened to the solo albums by Syd Barrett, "The Madcap Laughs" and "Barrett" both interesting albums.

Bro. Righteous

Uh, yeah, take some Acid/Smoke a good Heeber Spook and dig the awesomeness:

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

mortlock

obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I cant understand how you wouldn't like Floyd. of course this is coming from a guy that hates the beatles, but I mean, for fucks sake, pink floyd are brilliant..

spookstrickland

Quote from: mortlock on March 23, 2015, 07:24:45 PM
obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I cant understand how you wouldn't like Floyd. of course this is coming from a guy that hates the beatles, but I mean, for fucks sake, pink floyd are brilliant..

I love the beatles but floyd has never really spoke to me.....i so like some of the early sid stuff.....must be i dont like rogers music
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hagard

TannisRoot

I could be off-key here, but Floyd's material post-Barrett is pretty unfocused. IMO, it lacks a defining vision. Odds are everyone'll find some Floyd they like, but less likely you'll dig their body of work as a whole.

Personally I was surprised to find I enjoyed their live stuff much more than their studio work - check out Live at Pompei.