where's the cool new stoner/doom gear?!?!

Started by Beta Cloud, February 24, 2015, 01:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

Quote from: Beta Cloud on February 25, 2015, 02:42:19 AM
Quote from: dunwichamps on February 24, 2015, 02:51:21 PM
Good question.

dude, do you still make amps?

Slowly yes. Its been tough to put out more than 2-3 a year given my day job. Have been building lots of pedals tho

Beta Cloud

Quote from: liquidsmoke on February 25, 2015, 03:29:16 AM
From NY yeah that's a trip. It's not always easy getting Milwaukee bands just 70 miles away to come out.

dude, i checked out Orogen...

like really great cathedral/sabbath vibe. great guit. toanz!
why does it hurt when i pee?

Beta Cloud

Quote from: dunwichamps on February 25, 2015, 07:59:57 AM
Quote from: Beta Cloud on February 25, 2015, 02:42:19 AM
Quote from: dunwichamps on February 24, 2015, 02:51:21 PM
Good question.

dude, do you still make amps?

Slowly yes. Its been tough to put out more than 2-3 a year given my day job. Have been building lots of pedals tho

really cool looking amps. would love to hear em'.
why does it hurt when i pee?

Zero

I added some new things recently that have me more than jazzed. Had my '73 OR complete overhauled first. I am not sure how long it had been (i've owned it for 6 years and only re-tubed it) since it had a good going thru, but damn does it scream now.

I also just got an Atlas 6x12 after hearing Jake's. Then I added the BAT Black Sheep pedal to the board and holy smokes...loving my tone right now. These 3 things combined have me rejuvenated on my sound. Could not be happier at the moment.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Beta Cloud on February 25, 2015, 08:24:49 AM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on February 25, 2015, 03:29:16 AM
From NY yeah that's a trip. It's not always easy getting Milwaukee bands just 70 miles away to come out.

dude, i checked out Orogen...

like really great cathedral/sabbath vibe. great guit. toanz!

Thanks. The guitar tone didn't turn out at all how I wanted it to but the next release will sound better.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Instant Dan on February 24, 2015, 09:20:06 PM
And I see a lot of those in the shop being repaired.

Old enough to need it, suddenly become worth it. Its always the wires looping through the pcb needing resoldering.

liquidsmoke

I think I had the bad AOR. Still curious if I would like the model with less knobs. Suspect the 100 watt GH is just as rich and sweet sounding though.

CID Vicious

I guess it's probably just new to me, but those Lace pickups look really cool. I'm thinking my weirdo reshaped Warlock is going to be rocking some Alumatones.

Best riff on "Beards, Riffs, & Gear" is a Deathbucker.

The Drop and Gains, Nitro Hemis etc are pretty cool too. The Winos...like a bucker, p90 and a touch of active going on.

My AOR100 hot biased head rules my universe...most of the stuff I'm liking is either old or a clone of something old. The RAT...is there anything they don't do? Best guitar tone all night at a Obituary/Carcass/Exhumed show was homie from Obituary - hb strat > whiteface > JCM800.

TRYING to find a better all round pickup than a Duncan Custom...failing. SH6 distortion for more push. Best J Bass pickups seem to have been on shelves since '79...ps js and Rays still rule the bass universe.

Biggest thing to me are cheap clones. "Ultimate List of Cheap Copies of Great Pedals" on shortscale.org. Joyo, Biyang, Mooer FTW.
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"