Boss PS-5 / Behringer US600 on Bass?

Started by Hemisaurus, February 24, 2011, 12:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Anyone done this?

My wife is graciously allowing me to use her next batch of credit card points to buy said beastie from Amazon. I want to use it with an old Wah modified for a CV pedal on the control input, and hope to achieve a Whammy type effect.

Comments suggestions etc. gratefully received

Unnecessary Behringer Bashing Can Bugger Off Now :D

Chovie D

I owned the boss ps-5 and it had an interesting whammy effect already built in. in whammy mode the  pedal  acted as a 'ramp' like expression pedal and that yeilded some cool effects you cant get with the whammy. brief warping , skipping or record scratching sounds if you just tapped the pedal. if you depressed the pedal all the way it was almost just like a whammy but the speed of the octave up or down was controlled by a knob. The ps5 was overly complictaed IMHO but has some really cool sounds and the best harmonizer. it became noisy on me so i traded it into guitar center and got the ps6.

Ive tried a few of the behringer clones and they've been good. The FZ2 superfuzz clone is great, the small stone clone, the auto wah, the sansamp guitar modeling clone ...all very good. didnt try the ps5 clone tho.

go for it is my only real comment I guess.

Hemisaurus

Yeah I have the SF-300 HyperFuzz clone and it rocks too, thinking of getting another. ;D