Ibanez' (not so) new pedals & new Minifoogers!!

Started by MichaelZodiac, October 05, 2013, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

Ibanez has released 2 new interesting pedals imo: the Airplane Flanger (Paul Gilbert signature pedal) & Echo Shifter (analog delay). The Airplane flanger in particular sounds pretty interesting. Decently priced and cool sounds. I like the idea of the take off button. I've been looking to find a modulation pedal that would work with the rest of my setup. My Bassballs just goes noisy with some stuff.

Edit:

The new Minifoogers are really nice imo.

Love the expression pedal inputs, especially the drive one sounds great. Very interested in the ring mod.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Instant Dan

I thought the Airplane Flanger had been out for a while? ???

Regardless, if you're going to use Flanger I still think the best ones are the regular 4-knob version from MXR and the micro-flanger (2-knob) one. The Boss BF-2 is a good one but noisy.

MichaelZodiac

Oh maybe I'd missed the boat on it being out earlier. The demos of it sounded pretty good so I might pick it up. I think I've narrowed my choice to the Hardwire phaser or the Airplane flanger. They're different effects but I can't decide which one should help me with the more spacerock stuff in my band.

That delay is nice though.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

dogfood

one vote for Phaser, for whatever reason flangers just don't do it for me...?
Problem solving whiskey!

Bro. Righteous

Sorry anything signatured is gay as fuck, keerist, I'm trying to find a
simple drumstick 5B  use the butt-ends...and it's all signature horeshite
hiking the price-up...total scam...well fuck these fuckers. I'll keep using
my duct-tape scenario, way cooler and more heavy than some fucking
lame-ass signature motherfucker - fuck him!!!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

The Riffer

I've found inadvertently that the Hardwire Phaser is likely all I would ever need in a Phase pedal. If youre a basic rock fukker like I, It shines. If you're going for blingboard points or corksniffer accolades, forget it.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Chovie D

airplane has been out for a while, couple years. its a reissue of this.

I dont use flange, but I own an old mxr with the dedicated chord. It was given to Popa John Hughey by mxr and sat in a box unused for 40 plus years until he died and I bought it from his widow.  ;)

neighbor664

Quote from: Bro. Righteous on October 05, 2013, 03:43:53 PM
Sorry anything signatured is gay as fuck, keerist, I'm trying to find a
simple drumstick 5B  use the butt-ends...and it's all signature horeshite
hiking the price-up...total scam...well fuck these fuckers. I'll keep using
my duct-tape scenario, way cooler and more heavy than some fucking
lame-ass signature motherfucker - fuck him!!!

Are Les Pauls gay?

mortlock

no gayer than leo fenders..

Jake

Gay as horeshite. Whatever that is.
poop.

Lip

My Darryl Jones Lakeland is friggin awesome.... just sayin'
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...