Main Menu

Weird and unusual pedals

Started by Lumpy, August 21, 2013, 01:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

The Danelectro Shift Daddy is a sleeper pedal for weirdness:

It's a pitch shifter in wah (treadle) format. Maybe Danelectro thought guitar players without whammy bars would buy it? Very hard to control, and wah'ing your foot up & down is the wrong approach... kinda doesn't work like that. So guitar players didn't want it (I think they are discontinued). If you can demo one in the store, try it. You can find them used sometimes in the 30 dollar range (but more often around 50). Cool for weirding up your solos, and nothing else probably. Has a reverb function too. In a horribly ugly Hot Rod enclosure. If you can try one, try moving your foot once or twice quickly, during a note's attack or decay.

Anybody here have a Flanger Hoax? Please describe...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

isnt it just a whammy pedal knockoff?

I would like to try a "space station"

Chovie D

btw, the new boss pitch shifters have a latching whammy effect like what you describe.
It sounds kinda like a dj scratchin when you tap it during a solo.

Lumpy

Ooh, the Space Station is hard to find now... 10 years ago, you could still find them online. It's gotta couple settings that no other pedal really does, I think?

The Shift Daddy has a limited pitch range... I think the Whammy can shift one octave or two octaves (your choice) but the Shift Daddy is more like a half-octave range. Not really sure about the parameters, to be honest.  But it sounds like "insane whammy abuse" and not a pitch shifter. It's also very imprecise (plastic, not metal) and feels cheap. Kinda built for weirdness, not "tasty licks". I don't think it's physically possible to do anything repeatable or predictable with it...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.