Started by Jor el, May 03, 2013, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

juggernaut

Quote from: Jor el on May 03, 2013, 10:16:01 PM
IFC

Fantastic

I'd like to watch it but I'm not paying extra to get that channel.

strangelight

they put a full episode on youtube.

juggernaut

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

What am I missing?  I don't like this man.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

I like him, he's smart and funny. I hope they can come up with a winning formula for him. He used to do a "morning zoo" type radio show on Air America that was fucking awesome. Morning zoo format with a liberal political slant, it was absolutely brilliant.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jor el

WTF podcast is fantastic.
What Would Scooby Do ?

strangelight

i used to listen to every WTF episode but then i burnt out on all his neuroses. i got sick of every interview basically being "we used to hate each other so lets work that out now" or listening to him struggle with his anorexia or his GF. which i get is his shtick. i just got oversaturated with his issues.

that episode with mike destefano is still a fucking classic, though.

MadJohnShaft

Maybe because I hate all stand up comedians I hated this but I hated this.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

juggernaut

Quote from: strangelight on May 08, 2013, 11:27:06 AM
i used to listen to every WTF episode but then i burnt out on all his neuroses. i got sick of every interview basically being "we used to hate each other so lets work that out now" or listening to him struggle with his anorexia or his GF. which i get is his shtick. i just got oversaturated with his issues.

that episode with mike destefano is still a fucking classic, though.

Not sure how long it's been since you listened but it's not really like that anymore.  He's pretty much run through most of those people by now and it's generally more about the guest.  Some of the recent ones I enjoyed are Huey Lewis, Dean Delray, Rob Schneider, and Darryl Lenox.  The Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks ones are fucking classic.

Lumpy

Around 2000/2001 he had a local cable access TV show called Metropolitan Desk where they would set up a desk on the street, and he would interview people. I was interviewed (?) for a "what's your word?" segment (he asked me what my word was... I told him "dismal")

/brush with fame
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?