Guitar straps for sasquatch sized players?

Started by hayseed, November 10, 2012, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

So I'm a big guy, 6' 4" to be exact. I have been using a generic clip lock strap for years and have had no problem with it until i started playing SGs. It seems that where the strap buttons are makes my guitar creep up and rest in an uncomfortable playing spot. I am not moving the buttons so i guess my solution is to get a new strap. I like the Dimarzio Clip lock straps for the ability to own one strap for several guitars and  think that they  are a bit longer than mine. Mind you, I am not paying big bucks for a leather one, nylon does just fine.

Any ogres out there with the same problem? Any suggestions?
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Sam Hain

Make your strap out of duct tape. Roll it up on itself a few time and your good to go.....it's wicked stoner!!!

I haven't bought a strap in years. Fuck yeah!

hayseed

Sorry, I wasted all the duct tape wrapping up dead hookers in the basement. Might as well spend the cash on an actual strap.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Drama

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

eddiefive10

I like the seat belt strap idea, I always wanted to go pickin for a strap out of a old car and use the clips like strap locks

Pissy

You want a longer strap?

If I have a strap that isn't long enough, but I like it, I use a leather shoelace tied to the ass end side of the strap. It works great and if you do it right, it will not come off either. Tie the two loose ends to the strap and pull a loop through around the button ( having left some room within the strap buckles to adjust) then wet that loop and let it dry. It won't pull off for shit.

I buy camera straps, because they look cool and are more unique than typical guitar strap offerings, and do this with them.

Edit:  I'm 5'7". Sorry
Vinyls.   deal.

lordfinesse

Billy Squier 24/7

Discö Rice

Quote from: RacerX on November 10, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
All these seatbelt webbing straps are 6" longer than regular straps.

http://www.couchguitarstraps.com/seat-belt-straps-c-4.html
I saw the "racer X" straps. Cool stuff. I might pick up one of those wallets, too.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

hayseed

I found a Dunlop Double D strap that extends to 70" and its only $11. That'll do.

Gonna try out the Dunlop Ergo strap locks too. No modification to the guitar, they just fit over the strap buttons apparently. Never used them but I figure what the hell, it's worth a shot for $4.

Danny G

Not a squatch (5'10) but sling my guitar and bass low.

To buy a new strap I usually have to bring an existing one with me for size comparison.

But I have lengthened straps in the past with parts of old backpack straps, bolts and duct tape.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

bass sic

I sifted through hundreds at guitar center and found one long one, a planet wave strap. It's nylon, but I would prefer leather. I hang my bass kinda low with that one and use my soft leather one for guitar.

kirky

Straps designated for basses are longer than regular ones.