Problem?

Started by Jake, September 22, 2012, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryansummit

christallmighty, did it get heavy in here
cards on the table and dont even know your names
but glad to know you all the same
the internet has a pulse afterall

i need to buy something to make me feel better after hearin a bit of  your storys

Hemisaurus

Quote from: ryansummit on September 24, 2012, 07:31:08 PM
i need to buy something to make me feel better after hearin a bit of  your storys
That's why Danelectro and Behringer make pedals.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: ryansummit on September 24, 2012, 07:31:08 PM
christallmighty, did it get heavy in here
cards on the table and dont even know your names
but glad to know you all the same
the internet has a pulse afterall

Jake is mine.

Ill holler back at your pm in a few!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

What Deaner said about each new piece of gear possibly making him a better player is my problem too. I've joked about it with him while buying his seconds, but it's very true. But none of it ever makes me better so I keep lusting. It took me over twenty years to get comfortable and feel complete with my bass gear/tone, I just hope it doesn't take that long for my guitar shit.

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dogfood

Quote from: clockwork green on September 26, 2012, 08:42:08 PM

Horrible delivery, troo message.  I have lived my life to a greater degree in this fashion.  I was living in a 1977 GMC 4 wheel drive pick up truck with slide in camper and my 15 year old cousin, Kyle, was making fun of my pick up because he idolized shiny big name brand autos.  I kicked the rear quater panel and invited him to do the same.  I asked him if he would do that to the shiny fancy SUV the family drove.  "No".  We talked about why.  My point to him was that he should not put objects on altars, most objects purchased in life should serve us, and we should not waste our limited time on earth worshipping SHIT FUCK AUTOMOBILES!  I like to think I altered Kyle and Matt's (Kyle's brother) way of looking at life.  Matt just rode from Boulder to Eugene on a bicycle and he was better off spending his life on that trip than working in a cubicle trying to earn enough green tickets to purchase a Cadillac Escalade.  There is a special place in Hell for Automobile and Petrochemical Executives.
Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

I'm kind of sick of gear. Of course I like it but at this point I only want what I need to get the sounds I want to get and I want it to work. Just getting to that point has cost me a few thousand bucks and a lot of time. I thought I was there until problems happened. It never fucking ends. I want to move on and spend my time practicing and writing music.