I'm about to pull the trigger on this Tele:

Started by Baltar, September 22, 2012, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

everdrone

Tuekkong

If the build quality is anything like the classic vibe 50 tele I picked up cheap, you can't go wrong. P90 in neck only makes the deal sweeter

grimniggzy

Really though, squier is on the come up.
Would probably rather build a guitar out of Squier parts and pickups of my choice than buy a stock Fender.
And actually, fuck that... I'd rather buy a new Squier than a new Fender. Eff paying all that money.
I say go for it!

Mr. Foxen

I just scored the two P90 one locally for cheap. Seems a nice instrument.

Baltar

Yeah I had the Tele Custom with the two p90's a few years back and sold it for my Mem Boy DLX. I just gotta sell my old Civic first.  Prolly in the next two days.

Jake

Schweet fiddle.

That looks like a Jazzmaster type pup in the neck. Aren't those pretty diff't from a P90?
poop.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Baltar

Just put $100 down, another $238 and it's mine.

Hemisaurus

Seeing that link made me crave butterscotch, gonna buy me some puddin' tomorrow :)

Instant Dan

Nice one, Baltar. Seeing that guitar started a fire in my loins.

RacerX

I dunno; the Fender Jazzmaster p/u has magnetic pole pieces like a Strat pickup (and very unlike a P-90). I'd venture that the looks of the Jazzmaster pickups are about the only thing they share with P90s.

But if you're looking for the Jazzmaster sound in a Tele, party on, dude!

If not, Lollar makes a P-90 style pickup under a Jazzmaster-size cover, too.

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=jazzmaster-pickups
Livin' The Life.

Baltar

skydogdiesel

grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

Worthless Willie

One my buddy, Tony Nobles, built.  I mean from scratch...hunks of wood.  Tony builds some of the best guitars in the world.  He's built for Joe Walsh, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Alejandro Escavedo, and more.  Dude rules.  In case anybody is wondering, that's a DeArmond pickup, from the sixties.  Great, flat response, and they really sound unlike any other p'up.  I love them.  And, unbelievably, I don't hate the headstock.  Here's his blog for his company, Devil's Backbone Guitars: http://devilsbackboneguitarco.blogspot.com/

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Baltar

Quote from: skydogdiesel on September 24, 2012, 09:19:04 PM
nice bro!! found any mods yet?

This guitar needs no mods.  Prolly not even a treble-bleed.  Nice and bright.  Might change out the tuners and nut eventually.  The neck is super-glassy.

skydogdiesel

grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

RacerX

Quote from: Worthless Willie on September 24, 2012, 10:08:05 PM
One my buddy, Tony Nobles, built.  I mean from scratch...hunks of wood.  Tony builds some of the best guitars in the world.  He's built for Joe Walsh, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Alejandro Escavedo, and more.  Dude rules.  In case anybody is wondering, that's a DeArmond pickup, from the sixties.  Great, flat response, and they really sound unlike any other p'up.  I love them.  And, unbelievably, I don't hate the headstock.  Here's his blog for his company, Devil's Backbone Guitars: http://devilsbackboneguitarco.blogspot.com/

Dude, I love his parlor guitars. Gotta figger they're too pricey for me, but dang...
Livin' The Life.